- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on an Integrated Light Guide Plate
광학시트를 제거한 복합 도광판 설계 연구
- Lee, Yun-Mi (Department of Optical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Jun-Ho (Department of Optical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Jeon, Eun-Chae (Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials)
- Received : 2010.02.23
- Accepted : 2010.03.15
- Published : 2010.04.25
An integrated light guide plate (LGP) was designed for liquid crystal displays (LCD) without using prism and diffuser sheets. The integrated LGP is textured with micro-patterns on both the top and bottom surfaces. The textures effectively substitute for a single prism-sheet and a diffuser sheet in LCD displays without decreasing the brightness and uniformity. A LCD display with our integrated light guide is simulated to give average luminance of 4560 cd/
Supported by : 한국기계연구원
- Y. S. Kim and S. Lim, “Design of high uniformity LEDbacklight,” SID International Symposium Digest of TechnicalPapers 36, 1321-1325 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1889/1.2036248
- K. Kalantar, “Optical design of light-guide plates forillumination systems used in mobile phones and PDAs,” inProc. The 8th International Display Workshops (IDW '01)(Nagoya Congress Center, Nagoya, Japan, 2001), pp.517-520.
- Y. E. Ryu, T. H. Kim, S. G. Kim, Y. H. Seo, T. J. Jae,and D. S. Choi, “A study on the manufacturing of micropatternedlight guide,” in Proc. Korea Soc. Pre. Eng. 2006(Gyeongju Kyoyuk Munhwa Hoekwan, Gyeongju, Korea,2006), pp. 535-534.
- D. Feng, X. Yang, G. Jin, Y. Yan, and S. Fan, “Integrated light-guide plates that can control the illumination angle for liquid crystal display backlight system,” Proc. SPIE 6034, 603406 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1117/12.668089
- S. K. Kim, Y. E. Yoo, Y. H. Seo, T.-J. Jae, K.-H. Kim, and D.-S. Choi, “Fabrication of Ni stamper based on micro-pyramid structures for high uniformity light guide panel(LGP),” J. Kor. Soc. Pre. Eng. 23, 174-178 (2006).
- J. H. Lee, W. Chang, and D.-S. Choi, “LED light couplerdesign for a ultra thin light guide,” J. Opt. Soc. Korea 11,113-117 (2007). https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2007.11.3.113
- Y. H. Ju, J.-H. Park, J. H. Lee, J.-Y.Lee, K.-B. Nahm, J.-H.Ko, and J. H. Kim, “Study on the simulation model forthe optimization of optical structures of edge-lit backlightfor LCD applications,” J. Opt. Soc. Korea 12, 25-30 (2008). https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2008.12.1.025
- LG-Philips Display(Ltd.), “Backlight unit and liquid crystal display using the same,” Korea Patent 10-2006-0045640 (2006).
- NanoLCD(Ltd.), “The pattern of multi-ability Light-Guide- Panel for back light unit,” Korea Patent 10-2003-0017009 (2003).
- T. J. Jae, B. D. Kim, E. C. Jeon, J. S. Youn, Y. E. Ryu,D.-S. Choi, and E. S, Lee, “Manufacturing micro prismarrayed structure using milling,” in Proc. KSMPE SpringMeeting (Jinju National University, Korea, Jun. 2009), pp.191-194.
- D. H. Lee, MSC thesis, “Optimization and analysis of LCDbacklight unit,” Yeungnam University (2007).
- J. D. Foley, “Computer graphics: principles and practice inC,” (Addison Wesley, USA, 1992).
- Study on the Optimization of the Optical Structure of Lenticular-Lens Films for LCD Backlight Applications vol.22, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3807/KJOP.2011.22.6.247
- Optical characterization and manufacturing of an optical plate for increasing light efficiency of LED systems vol.16, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-015-0178-y
- Optimization of the Dual-layer LGP for Improving Luminance and Uniformity of Edge Type Back Light Unit vol.21, pp.6, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3807/KJOP.2010.21.6.247
- Design of Light Guide Plate to Improve Optical Characteristics for Large-Area Edge-lit LED Display vol.9, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9797/TSISS.2013.9.1.10
- A Study on Design of High Luminance Hybrid LED Package and Ultra-fine Machining of Optical Pattern vol.19, pp.8, 2010, https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2010.19.8.474