- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Characterization of Tachyon Supercomputer using Hybrid Multi-zone NAS Parallel Benchmarks
하이브리드 병렬 프로그램을 이용한 타키온 슈퍼컴퓨터의 성능
- Published : 2010.01.30
Tachyon primary system which introduces recently is a high performance supercomputer that composed with AMD Barcelona nodes. In this paper, we will verify the performance and parallel scalability of TachyonIn by using multi-zone NAS Parallel Benchmark(NPB) which is one of a program with hybrid parallel method. To test performance of hybrid parallel execution, B and C classes of BT-MZ in NPB version 3.3 were used. And the parallel scalability test has finished with Tachyon's 1024 processes. It is the first time in Korea to get a result of hybrid parallel computing calculation using more than 1024 processes. Hybrid parallel method in high performance computing system with multi-core technology like Tachyon describes that it can be very efficient and useful parallel performance benchmarks.
- 슈퍼 컴퓨터 Top500: http://www.top500.org
- NPB: http://www.nas.nasa.gov/Software/NPB
- 타키온(KISTI): http://www.ksc.re.kr
- D. Bailey, J. Barton, T. Lasinksi, and H. Simon, "The NAS Parallel Benchmarks,"NAS Technical Report RNR-91-002, NASA Ames Research Center, 1991.
- R.F. Van der Wijngaart, H. Jin, "The NAS Parallel Benchmarks, Multi-Zone Versions," NAS Technical Report NAS-03-010 NASA Ames Research Center, 2003.
- H. Jin, R.F. Van der Wijngaart, "Performance Characteristics of the Multi-Zone NAS Parallel Benchmarks," J. of Parallel and Distributed Computing, special issue, ed. B. Monien, Vol. 66, No. 5, 2006, p674. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpdc.2005.06.016
- I. Foster. C. Kesselman, S. Tuecke, "The Anatomy of the Grid: Enabling Scalable Virtual Organizations," International J. Supercomputer Applications, 2001.
- Michael Aftosmis, Marsha Berger, Rupak Biswas, M. Jahed Djomehri, Robert Hood, Haoqiang Jin, Cetin Kiris, "A Detailed Performance Characterization of Columbia using Aeronautics Benchmarks and Applications," wg, global grid forum, June 2002.
- Haoqiang Jin, Barbara Chapman, Lei Huang, "Performance Evaluation of a Multi-Zone Application in Different OpenMP Approaches," NAS Technical Report NAS-07-009.