- Volume 16 Issue 2
In the case of a linear time-varying system, it is difficult to apply the conventional stability conditions of RHC (Receding Horizon Control) to real physical systems because of computational complexity comes from time-varying system and backward Riccati equation. Therefore, in this study, a frozen time RHC for a linear discrete time-varying system is proposed. Since the proposed control law is obtained by time-invariant Riccati equation solved by forward iterations at each control time, its stability can be ensured by matrix inequality condition and the stability condition based on horizon for a time-invariant system, and they can be applied to real physical systems effectively in comparison with the conventional RHC.
- W. H. Kwon and A E. Pearson, "A modified quadratic cost problem and feedback stabilization of a linear system," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 22, pp. 838-842, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1977.1101619
- G. D. Nicolao and S. Strada, "On the stability of receding-horizon LQ control with zero-state terminal constraint," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 42, pp. 257-260,1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.554406
- W. H. Kwon and K.B. Kim, "On stabilizing receding horizon controls for linear continuous time-invariant systems," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 45, pp. 1329-1334, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.867037
- J. W. Lee, W. H. Kwon, and J. H. Choi, "On stability of constrained receding horizon control with finite terminal weighting matrix," Automatica, vol. 34, no.12, pp. 1607-1612, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0005-1098(98)80015-0
- M. H. Oh and J. H. Oh, "On the stability of receding horizon control based on horizon size," IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals, vol. E87-A, no. 2, pp. 505-508, 2004.
- M. H. Oh and J. H. Oh, "On the stability of receding horizon control for linear discrete systems based on horizon size," submitted to JMST, 2009.
- Z. Quart S. B. Ran, and W. H. Kwon, "Stability-guaranteed horizon size for receding horizon control," IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals, vol. E90-A, no. 2, pp. 523-525, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietfec/e90-a.2.523
- H. K. Wimmer and M. Pavon, "A comparison theorem for matrix riccati difference equations," System and Control Letters, vol. 19, pp. 233-239, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6911(92)90118-C
- E. DE Souza, "On stabilizing properties of solutions of the Riccati difference equation," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 1313-1316, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.40787
- K. B. Kim, "On stabilizing receding horizon controls for linear systems," Ph D Dissertation, 1999.