- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of Wireless Protocol for Managing Rooms in a Large Building
대형 건물 객실 관리를 위한 무선 프로토콜 설계 및 구현
- 정우정 (충북대학교 유비쿼터스바이오정보기술연구센터) ;
- 최성철 (충북대학교 유비쿼터스바이오정보기술연구센터) ;
- 정규석 (충북대학교 유비쿼터스바이오정보기술연구센터) ;
- 김종헌 (충북대학교 유비쿼터스바이오정보기술연구센터) ;
- 류관희 (충북대학교 컴퓨터교육과 및 정보산업공학과)
- Published : 2010.01.28
In wireless networks environment, there are attempts for constructing systems through which we can monitor and control various electronic devices used in large buildings at remoteness by using Zigbee protocol. Since address assignment method of DAA in Zigbee has a depth restriction, we cannot construct a network in large buildings. And also communication failures are frequent in a large network since broadcast storm can be occurred due to frequent broadcasts among a lot of nodes at AODV routing used in Zigbee. In order to solve these problems, in this paper, we propose a novel protocol which has improved the restriction of depth by using a fixed address assignment method, and has enhanced the broadcast occurrence by devising a static routing method to a packet movement between floors. Regardless of entire network, additionally, this was to enable internal communication reliably by composing an independent PAN. Specially, in this paper, we implemented the proposed wireless protocol and proved stability and practicality through experiment appliances of control of devices established in a large building.
- 이윤철, 최근의 홈 네트워크 기술동향 및 시장 전망, ETRI IT 정보센터, 2003.
- 김창환, 유선 홈 네트워크 기술 동향, 전자부품연구원 전자정보센터, 2003.
- N. Kokkos, A. Floros, N. Tatlas, and J. Mourjopoulos, “A paradigm for wireless digital audio home entertainment. Audio Engineering,” Society 120th Convention, Paris, 2006(5).
- 조인영, Zigbee를 이용한 자동제어 시스템 개발 동향, 대한설비공학회, 2006.
- 박재성, 지그비 기술 및 표준화 추진 동향, 한국 홈네트워크산업협회 대외협력팀, 2007.
- ZigBee-2006 specification, ZigBee document 064112, ZigBee Alliance, 2006.
- Y. C. Tseng, S. Y. Ni, Y. S. Chen, and J. P. Sheu, "The broadcast storm problem in a mobile ad hoc network," ACM/Kluwer Wireless Networks, Vol.8, pp.153-167, 2002(3). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013763825347
- Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs), IEEE Std.802.15.4, 2003.
- E. Callaway, P. Gorday, L. Hesiter, J. A. Gutierrez, M. Naeve, B. Heile, and V. Bahl, "Home networking with IEEE 802.15.4: a developing standard for low-rate wireless personal area networks," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.40, Issue.8, pp.70-77, 2002(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2002.1024418
- Y. C. Wong, J. T. Wang, N. H. Chang, H. H. Liu, and C. C. Tseng, "Hybrid Address Configuration for Tree-based Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Communications Letters, Vol.12, No.2, pp.414-416, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2008.072031
- M. S. Pan and Y. C. Tseng, The Orphan Problem in Zigbee-based Wireless Sensor Networks, ACM, 2007.