- Volume 10 Issue 1
Currently mobile phones possess the new features including the control interface provided with an ease, an intuition, and a variety and the display ensured for wide area. Mobile phones mounted with the touch screen release actively due to such strengths. This is the mega trend of the development of the latest mobile game. Mobile games set to the past keypad input system have changed for adaptation in the input environment and the progressive development. Consequently it is necessary to research for 'Touch User Interface(TUI)' of mobile games fixed into input environment by "Touch screen". This study have concreted the application method of touch game through the comparison analysis with the past game and implemented touch mobile game based on usability for ten touch mobile game titles released from the inside and outside of the country in oder to apply the touch interface fixed in the game to the hand-hold device with the function of touch interface. The result of this study have two implications. First it enhances the playability and diversity of game genre restricted by reason of the limitation of the past keypad input device. Second, it utilizes the basis for the standard of the interface of the touch mobile game by genre.
Touch User Interface;Mobile Game;Usability Evaluation
- Displaybank’s Component Division, “터치스크린 패널 산업동향및 사업전략”, Displaybank, p.37, 2009
- Mass Multimedia, I. Comparing touch technologies. Colorado Springs, U.S.A. Retrieved June12,2004
- J. Preece, Y. Rogers, and H. Sharp, Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons. 2002.
- Ben Shneiderman, Designing the User Interface: Strategies for Effective Human-Computer Interaction, addison wesley, 2009.
- M. S. Mott, and M. A. Benus, "Digital Books with Media-rich Paper : Enhancing Reading Comprehension through Touch User Interface Technology", The Journal of Literacy and Technology, Vol.7, No.2, 2006.
- M. Mott and J. Barkeloo, "Developmental Phonics Instruction with Touch User Interface Technology: Moving Toward a Multi-Sensory Approach for Grades Pre-K-2," Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, pp. 1395, Chesapeake, VA:AACE, 2004.
- Jacob Nielson, “Usability Engineering,” Morgan Kaufmann, pp.115-164, 1993.
- Melissa A. Federoff, “Heuristics and Usability Guide Lines for The Creation and Evaluation of Fun in Video Games,” Department Telecommunications of Indiana University, pp.17-41, 2002.
- 김미진, 윤진홍, "터치스크린 인터페이스 분석을 통한 모바일게임 인터페이스 구현", 한국디자인학회논문지, 통권제81호, 제 22권, 제1호, 2009(2).
- G. Bender, “Touch Screen Performance as a Function of Duration Auditory Feedback and Target Size," Liberal Arts and Sciences, Wichita State University, 1999.
- B. Shneiderman, “Touch screen now offer compelling uses,” IEEE Software Vol.8, Issue 2, pp.93-94, 107, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/52.73754
- Apple Computer, I., "Apple Human Interface Guidelines," pp. 155-192, Retrieved June 10, 2004,
- 문화관광부, 한국게임산업진흥원 공저, “2008 대한민국 게임백서”, 한국게임산업진흥원, p.101, p.428, 2009.
- 백재영, “단말 UI의 변화와 터치스크린”, 전자정보센터(EIC), pp.12-13, 2008.
- Efficient model of Korean graphemes based on a smartphone keyboard vol.13, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10660-013-9118-z