- Volume 10 Issue 1
This research deals with expressive definition of visual contents by using the distance between a subject and a screen resolution, and what changes affect the emotion of those looking at the expressive definition. A visual image captured from a HDTV screen was shown to the 61 students attending a university in the Busan area and SAM evaluation method was used to measure 3 different emotions such as pleasant, arousal, and dominance. While comparing different resolution, looking at high resolution contents rather than low resolution resulted in a direction of pleasant, arousal, and dominance. Also showing a different resolution than consistently showing the same resolution had a more volatile emotional effect. Aftermath multiple comparison resulted in a tendency for emotions to become unpleasant and un-arousal when high resolution contents were shown and then switched to a low resolution contents. There was no result of any significance in the control variables. Also on the aftermath multiple comparison on short, medium and long distance between the subject and the screen resolution, short distance had a bigger pleasant, arousal, and dominance emotional numbers than the rest. In a multiple variable verification result, a resolution and the distance of happiness and excitement showed a positive correlation.
- M. McLuhan, Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man. Cambridge, The MIT Press, 1964; 박정규(역), 미디어의 이해: 인간의 확장, 커뮤니케이션북스, 1997.
- H. Zettl, Sight, Sound and Motion: Applied Media Aesthetics, Wadsworth, 1973.
- 김영용, HDTV 프레젠스미디어의 해석, 커뮤니케이션북스, 2003.
- W. R. Neuman, The future of the mass audiences, Cambridge University Press, 1991; 전석호(역), 뉴미디어와 사회변동, 나남, 1995.
- 이옥기, "HDTV의 사실성이 프레즌스 경험과 각성, 감동에 미치는 영향 실험연구", 한국방송학보, 제20권, 제2호, pp.197-236, 2006.
- M. Lombard and T. Ditton, “At the heart of it all: The concept of presence,” Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol.3, No.2, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.1997.tb00072.x
- J. Steur, "Defining Virtual Reality: Dimensions Determining Telepresence," Journal of Communication Vol.42, No.4, pp.73-93, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.1992.tb00812.x
- B. Reeves, B. H. Detenber, and J. Steur, "New televisions: the effects of big pictures and big sound on viewer responses to the screen," Paper presented at the annual meeting of the International Communication Association, 1993.
- B. H. Detenber and B. Reeves, “A Bio-Informational Theory of Emotion: Motion and Image Size Effects on Viewers,” Journal of Communication Vol.46, No.3, pp.66-84, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.1996.tb01489.x
- S. J. Lupker, N. J. Allen, and P. J. Hearty, The North American high definition television demonstrations to the public : an overview of the survey results, Committee for the North American HDTV Demonstrations to the Public, 1988.
- 김영용, 김성욱, "HDTV 초기 확산에 관한 연구: 조기수용자와 잠재수용자의 비교", 한국방송학보, 제16권, 제3호, pp.75-104, 2002.
- T. Fukuta, "New electroinic media and the human interface," ergonomics, Vol.33, No.6, pp.687-706, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139008927179
- A. Lang, "Defining audio/video redundancy from limited-capacity information processing model perspective," Communication Research, Vol.22, No.1, pp.86-115, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365095022001004
- B. Reeves and C. Nass, The Media Equation, CSLI Publishions, 1999.
- 박재희, "가상현실 표시장치에서의 시간적, 공간적, 회화적 해상도에 따른 가상물체 이동작업의 인간성능 평가", 산업공학 제18권, pp.82-87, 2004.
- T. Hatada, H. Sakata, and H. Kusaka, “Psychophysical analysis of the “sensation of reality”induced by a visual wide-field display," SMPTE Journal, Vol.89, pp.560-569, 1980. https://doi.org/10.5594/J01582
- M. Lombard, "Direct Responses to People on the Screen: Television and Personal Space," Communication Research, Vol.22, No.3, pp.288-324, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365095022003002
- M. Dupagne and P. B. Seel, High-definition television : a global perspective, Iowa State University Press, 1998.
- 문창호, 영상미학의 실체 동영상 디자인, 집문당, 2007.
- E. Winner, 예술심리학, 학지사, 2004.
- M. Shapiro and T. Biggers, "Emotion-eliciting qualities in the motion picture viewing situation and audience evaluation," Audiences, Economics, and Law, Vol.3, 1987.
- M. K. Greenwald, E. W. Cook, and P. J. Lang, "Affective judgment and psychophysiological response: Dimensional covariation in the evaluation of pictorial stimuli," Journal of Psychophysiology, Vol.3, pp.51-64, 1989.
- A. Lang, "Involuntary Attention and Physiological Arousal Evoked by Structural Features and Emotional Content in TV Commercials," Communication Research, Vol.17, No.3, pp.275-299, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365090017003001
- 김용호, “뇌파측정기술을 이용한 TV영상 감성반응의 실험연구”, 한국방송학보 제20권, 제1호, pp.7-49, 2006.
- 장우린, “뇌파측정을 통한 3차원디지털게임의 심리적 효과에 대한 연구”, 일러스트레이션학연구, 제9권, pp.227-265, 2001.
- 김유진, “인간의 시각특성 및 JND 측정을 통한 디지털사진의 PPI수치결정에 관한 연구”, 한국사진학회, 제19권, pp.30-37, 2008.
- E. B. Goldstein, 감각과 지각, 학지가, 1999.
- J. H. Westerink and J. A. Roufs, "Subjective image quality as a function of viewing distance, resolution and picture size," SMPTE J. Vol.98, pp.113-119, 1989. https://doi.org/10.5594/J02825