- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Search of Gender-Specific Theory through Empirical Testing of Factors of Girls' Delinquency based on Feministic Perspectives
페미니스트 관점에 근거한 소녀비행 요인의 검증을 통한 성-특성적 이론의 모색
- Published : 2010.01.28
This research examines the relation of dissatisfaction about own real conditions, deviant labeling, self-esteem, abuse from parent, victimization and juvenile delinquency(smoking, drinking, run-away, assault, taking away stuffs or money, larceny). The evidence of a strong relation of these factors and girls' delinquency is well known through empirical researches by feminist criminologists. Feminist criminology had attention to the gender-specific factors that could explain girls' delinquency. Most of conventional delinquency theories, such as social bond theory, differential association theory, focused on bad boys' deviant behaviors. These theories has not been designed to apply to girls' troubles. According to the conclusion of the research, there seems to support researches of feministic perspectives.
Girls' Delinquency;Feminism;Gender-specific Theory
- F. Heidensohn, Women and Crime, MACMILLAN PRESS LTD, 1996.
- Leah E. Daigle, Gender, risk factors and Juvenile misconduct: assessing the generality-specific debate, University of Cincinnati, Ph. D. Dissertation, 2005.
- M. Chesney-Lind and R. Pasko, The Female Offender, SAGE Publications, 2004.
- K. Holsinger, "Feminist perspectives on female offending: Examining real girls' lives," Women and Criminal Justice, No.12, pp.30-34, 1989.
- 정익중, “청소년비행의 성별차이”, 한국청소년 연구, 제16권, 제1호, pp.389-410, 2005.
- J. K. Wesely, "Considering the context of women's violence: gender, lived experiences, and cumulative victimization," Feminist Criminology Vol.1, No.4, pp.303-328, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1557085106293074
- D. Finkelhor and L. Baron, "Risk factors for child sexual abuse," Journal of Interpersonal, No.1, p.45, 1986.
- A. Browne and D. Finkelhor, "Impact of child sexual abuse: A review of research," Psychological Bulletin, Vol.99, No.69, pp.267-268, 1986.
- B. Richie, K. Tsenin, and C. Widom(Eds.), "Research on women and girls in the criminal justice system," National Institute of Justice, pp.1-13, 1999.
- T. N. Crawford, "Internalizing symtoms in adolescents: Gender differences in vulnerability to parental distress and discord," Journal of Research on Adolescence, No.11, pp.110-112, 2001.
- M. Morash and B. O. Moon,. "Gender differences in the effects of strain on the delinquency of South Korean youth," Youth & Society, Vol.38, No.3, pp.299-321, 2007.
- J. Belknap, 윤옥경 외(역), 여성범죄론: 젠더, 범죄와 형사사법, CENGAGE Learning, 2009.
- R. L. Akers and C. S. Sellers, 민수홍 외(역), 범죄학이론, 나남, 2004.
- L. J. Siegel, 이민식 외(역), 범죄학: 이론과 유형, CENGAGE Learning, 2009.
- 김준호, 김은경, 여자청소년의 비행실태에 관한 연구, 형사정책연구원, 1995.