- Volume 10 Issue 1
Prevalence of female uterine myoma was determined using ultrasound diagnosis instrument, and correlation between health-related factors and uterine myoma was analyzed to investigate concrete factors for production of uterine myoma. Subjects in uterine myoma group and control group were asked to answer the questionnaire survey. The results were determined that prevalence of uterine mayma was 29.7%, and 40~49 aged group showed the highest level of uterine myoma by 41.4%. (p<0.05). The analysis showed that there were significant correlations between uterine myoma and collected variables such as age, marital status, occupational activity level, satisfaction level of life, weight, obesity, delivery history, breast feeding, abortion, and contraceptive experience (p<0.05).
Uterine Myoma;Health-related Factors;Ultrasound Diagnosis
- D. T. Baird, T. A. Bramley, and T. A. Hawkins, "Effect of treatment with LHRH analogue Zoladex on binding of oestradiol, Progestrone and epidemal growth factor to Uterine fibromyoma," Horm, Vol.32, No.1, pp.154-156, 1989 https://doi.org/10.1159/000181333
- D. D. Brandon, T. E. Erickson, and E. J. Keenan, "Estrogen receptor gene expression in human Uterine leiomyoma," J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Vol.80, No.6, pp.1876-1881, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.80.6.1876
- V. C. Buttram Jr and R. C. Reiter, "Uterine leiomyoma:Etiology, Symptomatology, and Management," Fertil. Steril., Vol..36, No.4, pp.433-445, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0015-0282(16)45789-4
- G. P. Flake and J. A. Darlene Dixon, "Etiology and pathogenesis of Uterine leiomyomas:A review," Environmental Health Perspectives, Vol.111, No.8, pp.1037-1054, 2003.
- F. Paraziini, C. La Vecchia, and E. Negri, "Epidemiologic characteristics of women with uterine fibroids:a case-control study," Obstet Gynecol, Vol.72, No.6, pp.853-857, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006250-198812000-00008
- A. S. Lev-Toaff, B. G. Coleman, P. H. Arger, "Leiomyomas in pregnancy;sonographic study," Radiology, Vol.164, No.2, pp.375-380, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology.164.2.3299488
- Donna Day Baird, David B. Dunson, Michael C. Hill, "High cumulative incidence of Uterine leiomyoma in black and white women:Ultrasound evidence," AM. J. Obstet. Gynecol., Vol.188, No.1, pp.100-107, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1067/mob.2003.99
- F. Chiaffarino, F. Paraziini, C. La Vecchia, "Diet and Uterine myomas," Obstet. Gynecol., Vol.94, No.3, pp.395-398, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-7844(99)00305-1
- L. H. Arthur, R. M. Daniel, A. S. Jr. Morton, Comprehensive Gynecology, 2nd ed. St. Louise, Mosby, p.182, 1992.
- C. K. Requard, F. A. Mettler, and J. D. Wicks, "Preoperative sonography of malignant ovarian neoplasms," AJR, Vol.137, No.1, pp.79-82, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.137.1.79
- 홍대기, 자궁근종 관련인자의 역학적 연구, 경북대학교 대학원 의학과, 2006.
- 강은정, 국민건강 영양조사 제3기, 한국보건사회연구원, 2005.
- 한국표준직업분류, 통계청, 2000.
- 박정규 외 8인, “자궁근종에 관한 임상통계학적 연구”, 대한산부인과학회지, 제48권, 제2호, pp.436-445, 2005.
- 황성연 외 3인, “자궁근종의 임상 및 병리학적 연구”, 원광의과학, 13권, 12호, pp.87-96, 1997.
- S. A. Shikora, J. M. Niloff, and B. R. Bistrian, "Relationship between obesity and Uterine leiomyoma," Nutrition, Vol.7, No.4, pp.251-255, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.nu.07.070187.001343
- F. Sato, M. Nishi, and R. Kudo, "Body fat distribution and Uterine leiomyomas," J. Epidemiol, Vol.8, No.3, pp.176-180, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2188/jea.8.176
- L. M. Marshall, D. Spiegelman, and M. B. Goldman, "A prostective study of reproductive factors and oral contraceptive use in relation to the risk of Uterine leiomyoma," Fertil. Steril., Vol.70, No.3, pp.432-439, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0015-0282(98)00208-8
- F. Chiaffarino, F. Paraziini, and C. Vecchia, "Use of oral contraceptive and Uterine fibroids:results from a case-control study," Br. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Vol.106, No.8, pp.857-860, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0528.1999.tb08409.x
- L. Bernstein, M. C. Pike, and P. K. Ross, "Estrogen and sex hormone-binging globulin levels in nulliparous and parous women," J. Natl. Cancer Inst., Vol.74, No.4, pp.741-745, 1985.
- Renee Boynton-Jarrett, Janet Rich-Edwards, and Susan Malspeis, "A Prospective study of Hypertension and Risk of Uterine leiomyoma," AM. J. Epidemiology, Vol.161, No.7, pp.628-638, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwi072
- Psychiatric outcomes after hysterectomy in women with uterine myoma: a population-based retrospective cohort study vol.20, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00737-017-0745-6