- Volume 10 Issue 1
In this study, we consider a mid-and-long term technological forecasting method based on simulation technique. We, first, gather information about a point of appearance time of new technologies which will be developed in the future and influence relationship among those technologies by Delphi survey. And then we propose a simulation-based heuristic approach searching for the key technology among new technologies which will be developed to attain a normative objective using the Delphi data. We also provide the range of occurrence time for individual technology and define key technologies in this study in contrast that a expert's estimate to occurrence time is only one point in traditional Delphi survey. The information for key technologies which are detected by this procedure gives priorities of R&D planning and aids the R&D planner or project manager in resource allocation.
Technological Forecasting;Key Technology;Simulation;Delphi
- 신태영, 박재형, 김형수, 기술예측방법론, 과학기술정책연구원, 1995.
- 안두현, 신태영, 엄미정, 김형수, 과학기술예측을 위한 미래 사회의 이슈 및 니즈 도출, 과학기술정책연구원, 2003.
- 한국과학기술기획평가원, 과학기술예측조사 (2005-2030) : 미래사회의 전망과 한국의 과학기술, 과학기술부, 2005.
- R. U. Ayres, "The Future of Technological Forecasting," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol.36, No.1, pp.49-60, 1989(8). https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-1625(89)90009-7
- M. F. Bloom, "Time-Dependent Event Cross-Impact Analysis: Results from a New Model," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol.10, No.2, pp.181-201, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-1625(77)90044-0
- R. A. Burgelman and M. A. Maidique, Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation, Homewood, 1988.
- T. Dietz, "Methods for Analyzing Data from Delphi Panels: Some Evidence from a Forecasting Study," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol.31, No.1, pp.79-85, 1987(4). https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-1625(87)90024-2
- T. J. Gordon and H. Hayward, "Initial Experiment with the Cross-Impact Matrix Method of Forecasting," Futures, Vol.1, No.2, pp.100-116, 1968(12). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-3287(68)80003-5
- J. P. Martino, Technological Forecasting for Decision Making, Elsevier, 1975.
- R. C. Lenz, "A Heuristic Approach to Technology Measurement," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol.27, No.2, pp.249-264, 1985(5). https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-1625(85)90061-7
- J. W. Stover and E. D. Gordon, Cross Impact Analysis, Greenwood Press, 1978.
- J. N. Warfield, “Binary Matrices in System Modeling,” IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.3, No.5, pp.441-449, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.1973.4309270