- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect McDonald's Brand Personality on Preference, Satisfaction, and Revisiting in Restaurants : Japanese College Students
맥도날드의 브랜드 개성이 선호도, 만족도, 재방문에 미치는 영향 -일본 대학생을 중심으로-
- Published : 2010.01.28
This paper is to analyze which factors affect preference, satisfaction, and revisiting on McDonald's brand personality and to suggest distinguished guidelines for drawing core customers. The questionary distributed 150 who is college students in dokyo, Japan, then used for data analysis 128. The results come up with; First, 4 variables which are 'up-to-date', 'spirited', 'darling', and 'young' showed up importantly in brand personality. These mean young generation would like to enjoy playing on-line game and contents with computer on the table during wait their order. Second, 3 factors (sincerity, intelligence/specialization, and wholesome) in brand personality had highly significant in preference and satisfaction. When they feel strongly specialization and trust in product, it should be showed highly with preference and satisfaction. Third, 2 factors (sincerity, and intelligence/specialization) had strongly significant in revisiting. As marketer reinforce darling and specialized image about McDonald, Therefore, they should make customer to purchase again. Finally, if customer prefered and satisfied with product in the restaurant, it could be connected rebuying.
- P. R. Dickson, D. Chakravarti, and G. Biehal. "Memory-based inferences during consumer choice," J. of Consumer Research, Vol.17, pp.82-92, 1990(6). https://doi.org/10.1086/208539
- R. Batra, J. G. Myers, and D. A. Aaker, "Advertising management upper saddle river," NJ: Prentice Hall, Inc. 1996.
- A. L. Biel, "Converting image into equity," In D. A. Aaker and A. L. Biel(Eds.), Brand equity and advertising, Hillsidale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1993.
- S. Fournier, "Consumers and their brands: Developing relationship theory in consumer research," J. of Consumer Research, Vol.24, pp.343-373, 1998(3). https://doi.org/10.1086/209515
- M. J. Sirgy, "Self-concept in customer behavior: A critical review," J. of consumer research, Vol.9, pp.287-300, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1086/208924
- 이상건. 이창기, "외식브랜드 개성 세분화와 고객 만족도 및 충성도에 관한 연구“, 호텔관광연구, 제7권, 제2호(통권18호), pp.276-291, 2005.
- W. Matthies, "Perspectives on product personality," Harvard Business Review, Vol.36(Jan.-Feb.), pp.47-55, 1997.
- B. Knutson, "College students and fast food," The Cornell H.R.A. Quarterly, pp.68-74, 2000(6).
- L. L. Berry, "Cultivating service and brand equity," J. of the Academy of Marketing Science," Vol.28, No.1, pp.128-137, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070300281012
- Z. Jingyun, S. E. Beatty, and G. Walsh, "Review and future direction of cross-cultural consumer research," J. of Business Research, pp.211-224, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2007.06.003
- Watson and James, "Golden arches East: McDonald's in East Asia," Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 1997.
- J. T. Plummer, "How personality makes a difference," J. of Advertising Research, Vol.24, No.6, pp.27-31, 1984.
- J. T. Plummer, "Brand personality: A strategic concept for multinational advertising," in Marketing Educator's conference, New York: Young and Rubicom, pp.1-31. 1985.
- D. A. Aaker, "Building strong brand," New York: The Free Press, 1996.
- J. A. Aaker, "Dimensions of brand personality," J. of Marketing Research, Vol.34(August), pp.347-373, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151897
- J. A. Aaker. "The malleable self: The role of self-expression in Persuasion", J.of Marketing Research, Vol.36(February), pp.411-454, 1999. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151914
- J. M. Siguaw, A. Mattila, and J. R. Austin, "The brand personality scale: An application for restaurants", The Cornell H.R.A. Quarterly, Vol.40(June), pp.48-55, 1999.
- Y. J. Sung, and S. Tinkham, "Brand personality structures in the United States and Korea: Common and Culture-specific factors", J. of consumer psychology, Vol.15, No 4, pp.334-350, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327663jcp1504_8
- J. L. Aaker, V. Benet-Martinez, and J. Garolera, "Consumption symbols as carriers of culture: A study of Japanese and Spanish brand personality constructs", J. of Personality & Social Psychology, Vol.81, No.3, pp.492-508, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1992
- 하인주, 김지회, 이애주, “A Cross-national comparative study on fastfood restaurant's brand personality between Beijing and Seoul", 외식경영연구, 제11권, 제3호, pp.255-274, 2008.
- 윤태환, “An application of the brand personality scale to restaurants brands”, 관광연구, 제18권, 제3호, pp.211-227, 2004.
- 김홍범, 이상미, "브랜드개성이 점포 이미지 및 선호도에 미치는 영향“, 관광학연구, 제26권, 제1호, pp.63-82, 2002.
- 이상미, "한.중 대학생의 브랜드 개성이 선호도 및 재방문에 미치는 영향“, 한국콘테츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제9호, pp.403-410, 2009.
- 박선희, 김태희, 김준석, “호텔 레스토랑 브랜드 개성이 소비자: 브랜드 관계의 질과 재방문 의도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구”, 호텔경영연구, 제14권, 제4호, pp.99-115, 2005.
- 이용기, 윤유정, 김은주, “패밀리 레스토랑의 브랜드 개성이 감정, 고객만족, 그리고 충성도에 미치는 영향: 아웃백과 빕스의 비교”, 외식경영연구, 제11권, 제3호, pp.193-216, 2008.
- 안대희, 이관표,, “패밀리 레스토랑의 브랜드개성이 소비자만족도와 브랜드충성도에 미치는 영향”, 호텔관광연구, 제7권, 제2호, pp.148-163, 2005.
- 이상건, 이충기, “외식브랜드 개성 세분화와 고객만족도 및 충성도에 관한 연구”, 호텔관광연구, 제7권, 제2호, pp.276-291, 2005.
- Convergence Characteristics of Ant Colony Optimization with Selective Evaluation in Feature Selection vol.11, pp.10, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.10.041