- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Pilot Assignment Method for the PAPR Reduction and Effective Channel Estimation in the SC-FDMA Communication System
PAPR 감소와 효과적 채널 추정을 위한 SC-FDMA 통신 시스템의 파이럿 배치 방법
- An, Dong-Geon (School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Ryu, Heung-Gyoon (School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Published : 2010.01.31
PAPR of the pilot symbols can be reduced down by the CAZAC sequence in the SC-FDMA communication system. However, it is very complicated and takes quite a long time to compute the interpolation between the OFDM information symbols for the channel estimation because the pilot data are trasmitted in the block type. Furthermore, situation will be much more serious in the severe fading channel. Actually the pilot insertion of the comb type is much efficient and convenient for the channel estimation since the calculation of the interpolation can be made in the frequency domain symbol by symbol. But, the PAPR will be regrown when the pilot data are inserted with the information data in the comb type. So, in this paper, we like to study the PAPR reduction and comb type pilot assignment for the efficient channel estimation. Unlike the conventional SLM(selected mapping) method requiring the side information, our improved SLM method is to use the phase rotation sequence into information data without rotating phase of pilot. We use different pilot data according to the different phase rotation sequence. From the simulation result, it can be confirmed that when SLM method of 4 phase rotation sequence is used, PAPR is almost same to the block type method without pilot.
- R. Bauml, R. Fischer, and J. Huber, "Reducing the peak-to-average power ratio of multicarrier modulation by selected mapping", Electron. Lett., vol. 32, no. 22, pp. 2056-2057, Oct. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:19961384
- S. Boyd, "Multitone signals with low crest factors", IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst., vol. CAS-33, no. 10, Oct. 1986. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCS.1986.1085837
- P. Ramjee, OFDM for Wireless Communications Systems, Artech House, Incorporated, 2000.
- H. Ochiai, H. Imai, "OFDM-CDMA with peak power reduction based on the spreading sequences", IEEE ICC 98, pp. 1299-1303, Atlanta, Jun. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.1998.683035
- S. Coleri, M. Ergen, A. Puri, and A. Bahai, "Channel estimation techniques based on pilot arrangement in OFDM systems", IEEE Trans. Broadcaing, pp. 223-229, Sep. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBC.2002.804034
- Seung Hee Han, Jae Hong Lee, "An overview of peak-to-average power ratio reduction technique for multicarrier transmission", IEEE Wireless Comm., vol. 12, pp. 56-65, Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2005.1421929
- J. A. C. Bingham, "Multi-carrier modulation for data transmission: an idea whose time has come", IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 5-14, May 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/35.54342
- Runhe Qiu, Zhongli Wu, and Shan Zhu, "A novel PAPR reduction method in OFDM systems by using CAZAC matrix transform", Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, Wi-COM '08. 4th International Conference, pp. 1-4, Oct. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/WiCom.2008.197
- C. Tellambura, "Computation of the continuous-time PAR of an OFDM signal with BPSK subcarriers", IEEE Commun. Lett., vol . 5, no. 5, May pp. 185-187, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/4234.922754
- K. Okawa, F. Adachi, "Orthogonal forward link using orthogonal multi-spreading factor codes for coherent DS-CDMA mobile radio", IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. E81-B, no. 4, Apr. 1998.
- Ahmad R. S. Bahai, Burton R. Saltzberg, and Mustafa Ergen, Multi-Carrier Digital Communications Theory and Applications of OFDM, Springer Science+Business Media LLC, 2004.
- Sang-Woo Kim, Jin-Kwan Kim, and Heung-Gyoon Ryu, "A comuptational complexity reduction scheme using Walsh Hadamard sequence in SLM method", IEEE Communications, Circuits and Systems Proceedings, 2006 International Conference on, vol. 2, pp. 762-766, Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCCAS.2006.284765