- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study on Space-Time Adaptive Processing Based on Novel Clutter Covariance Matrix Estimation Using Median Value
중위수를 이용한 새로운 간섭 공분산 행렬의 예측이 적용된 Space-Time Adaptive Processing에 대한 연구
- Kang, Sung-Yong (Department of Computer and Radio Communication Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Jeong, Ji-Chai (Department of Computer and Radio Communication Engineering, Korea University)
- Published : 2010.01.31
In this paper, we presented a signal model of STAP and actual environment of clutter. The novel estimation method of clutter covariance matrix using median value is proposed to overcome serious performance degradation after NHD in nonhomogeneous clutter. Eigen value characteristic is improved through diagonal loading. Target detection ability and SINR loss of the proposed method though MSMI statistic is also compared with conventional method using average value. The simulation results, confirm the proposed method has better performance than others.
STAP;Nonhomogeneous Clutter;NHD;Median Value;Estimation of Clutter Covariance Matrix
- M. Rangaswamy, J. H. Michels, and B. Himed, "Statistical analysis of the non-homogeneity detector for STAP applications", Elsevier Digital Signal Processing, vol. 14, Issue 3, pp. 253-267, May 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1051-2004(03)00021-6
- M. W. Ganz, R. L. Moses, and S. L. Wilson, "Convergence of the SMI and the diagonally loaded SMI algorithms with weak interference", IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 38, Issue 3, pp. 394-399, Mar. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.52247
- G. W. Titi, D. F. Marshall, "The ARPA/NAVY mountaintop program: Adaptive signal processing for airborne early warning radar", IEEE International Conference on Proceedings of the Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 2, pp. 1156-1168, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICASSP.1996.543572
- J. Ward, "Space-time adaptive processing for airborne radar", IEE Colloquium, pp. 2/1-2/6, Apr. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1049/ic:19980240
- P. Tsakalides, C. L. Nikias, "Robust space-time adaptive processing(STAP) in non-Gaussian clutter environments", IEE Proceedings-Radar, Sonar and Navigation, vol. 146, Issue 2, pp. 84-93, Apr. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-rsn:19990233
- H. Belkacemi, S. Marcos, "Fast iterative subspace algorithms for airborne STAP radar", EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2006, pp. 1-8, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1155/ASP/2006/96421
- R. Klemm, "Introduction to space-time adaptive processing", Journal of Electronics & Communication Engineering, vol. 11, Issue 1, pp. 5-12, Feb. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1049/ecej:19990102
- J. R. Guerci, Space-time Adaptive Processing for Radar, Artech House, Inc., 2003.
- G. N. Schoenig, M. L. Picciolo, and L. Mili, "Improved detection of strong nonhomogeneities for STAP via projection statistics", IEEE International Radar Conference, pp. 720-725, May 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/RADAR.2005.1435920
- M. C. Wicks, W. L. Melvin, and P. Chen, "An efficient architecture for nonhomogeneity detection in space-time adaptive processing airborne early warning radar", Radar Conference, pp. 295-299, Oct. 1997.
- P. Tsakalides, R. Raspanti, and C. L. Nikias, "Angle/ Doppler estimation in heavy-tailed clutter backgrounds", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 35, Issue 2, Apr. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.766926