- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Design of the UWB Bandpass Filter with a Good Performance of the Stopband, and Notched Band in Passband
우수한 차단 대역 특성과 통과 대역 내에 저지 대역을 갖는 UWB 대역 통과 필터 설계
- An, Jae-Min (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Kim, Yu-Seon (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Pyo, Hyun-Seong (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Lee, Hye-Sun (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Lim, Yeong-Seog (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Chonnam National University)
- 안재민 (전남대학교 전자컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 김유선 (전남대학교 전자컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 표현성 (전남대학교 전자컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 이혜선 (전남대학교 전자컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 임영석 (전남대학교 전자컴퓨터공학과)
- Published : 2010.01.31
In this paper, we designed and fabricated a ultra-wideband(UWB) bandpass filter with a good performance of a stopband, and a notched band in passband. The transformed equivalent circuit of the highpass filter was realized by distributed element. A wide-passband with 3-dB fractional bandwidth of more than 100 % was achieved by using optimum response of the HPF. For improving lower and upper stopband characteristic, a cross coupling between feed lines was employed, which was analyzed by desegmentation technique. In order to reject interference of Wireless LAN and Hyper LAN(5.15~5.825 GHz), the narrow notched(rejection) band was realized by a spurline. The fabricated BPF indicated the passband from 3.1 to 10.55 GHz and the flat group delay of less than 0.94 ns over the entire passband except the rejection band. The filter shown sharp attenuation both inside and outside the band and notched band from 5.2 to 6.12 GHz.
Ultra-WideBand(UWB);Bandpass Filter;I/O Cross Coupling;Desegmentation Technique;Spurline
- Cam Nguyen, Kai chang, "On the analysis and design of spurline bandstop filters", IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. MTT-33, no. 12, pp. 1416-1421, Dec. 1985. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.1985.1133233
- K. S. Chin, L. Y. Lin, and J. T. Kuo, "New formulas for synthesizing microstrip bandpass filters with relatively wide bandwidths", IEEE Microwave Wire-less Compon. Lett., vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 231-233, May 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2004.827865
- H. Ishida, K. Araki, "Design and analysis of UWB bandpass filter with ring filter", IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., pp. 1307-1310, Jun. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWSYM.2004.1338806
- P. I. Richards, "Resistor-transmission-line circuits", Proc. IRE, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 217-220, Feb. 1948. https://doi.org/10.1109/JRPROC.1948.233274
- L. Zhu, S. Sun, and W. Menzel, "Ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filters using multiple-mode resonator", IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 796-798, Nov. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2005.859011
- C. W. Tang, C. C. Tseng, H. H. Liang, and S. F. You, "Development of ultra-wideband LTCC filter", IEEE ICU, pp. 5-8, Sep. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICU.2005.1570006
- K. C. Gupta, M. D. Abouzahra, Analysis and Design of Planar Microwave Components, IEEE Press, pp. 75-86, 1994.
- H. Shaman, J. S. Hong, "A novel ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filter(BPF) with pairs of transmission zeros", IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 17, no. 2, pp.121-123, Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2006.890335
- E. M. T. Jones, J. T. Bolljahn, "Coupled-striptransmission line filters and directional couplers", IRE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. MTT-4, pp. 78-81, Apr. 1956.
- G. L. Matthaei, L. Young, and E. M. Jones, Microwave Filters, Impedance-matching Networks, and Coupling Structures, Artech-House, 1980.
- Federal Communications Commission, "Revision of part 15 of the commission's rules regarding ultrawideband transmission systems", Tech. Rep., ETDocket 98-153, FCC 02-48, Apr. 2002.
- J. S. Hong, M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2001.
- C. L. Hsu, F. C. Hsu, and J. T. Kuo, "Microstrip bandpass filter for ultra-wideband(UWB) wireless communications", IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., pp. 679-682, Jun. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWSYM.2005.1516698