- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
New Design Method of Wireless Power Transfer System Using Loop Antennas
루프 안테나를 이용한 무선 전력 전송 시스템의 새로운 설계법
- Kim, Hee-Seung (Department of Electronics Engineering, Kookmin University) ;
- Won, Do-Hyun (Department of Electronics Engineering, Kookmin University) ;
- Lim, Jae-Bong (Department of Electronics Engineering, Kookmin University) ;
- Jang, Byung-Jun (Department of Electronics Engineering, Kookmin University)
- Published : 2010.01.31
In this paper, we propose a new design method to design a wireless power transfer system using loop antennas for consumer electronics. This method can simply design a wireless power transfer system only using measurements of coupling coefficients and simple equations of equivalent circuit model about loop antennas without complicated electromagnetic analysis. Using the proposed design method, a wireless power transfer system with a pair of loop antennas operating at the frequency of 13.56 MHz, which have a dimension of
Wireless Power Transmission;Loop Antenna;Coupling Coefficient;Impedance Matching;Efficiency;Resonance
- W. C. Brown, "The history of power transmission by radio waves", IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1230-1242, Sep. 1984. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.1984.1132833
- Hideaki Abe, Hiroshi Sakamoto, and Koosuke Harada, "A noncontact charger using a resonant converter with parallel capacitor of the secondary coil", IEEE Trans. Industrial Applications, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 444-451, Mar. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.833760
- J. G. Hong, M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Sons, ch. 8. 2001.
- Chwei-Sen Wang, Grant A. Covic, and Oskar H. Stielau, "Power transfer capability and bifurcation phenomena of loosely coupled inductive power transfer systems", IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 148-157, Feb. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2003.822038
- Y. Kim, H. Ling, "Investigation of coupled mode behaviour of electrically small meander antennas", Electronic Letters, vol. 43, no. 23, Nov. 2007.
- Takehiro Imura, Toshiyuki Uchida, and Yoichi Hori "Experimental analysis of high efficiency power transfer using resonance of magnetic antennas for the near field(Japanease)", vol. 2, pp. 539-542, 일본 전기학회 산업응용부문대회, 2008.
- 강승열, 김용해, 이명래, 정태형, "무선 에너지 전송 기술", ETRI 전자통신동향분석, 23(6), pp. 59-69, 2008년 8월.
- Texas Instruments Ltd., "HF Antenna Design Notes Technical Application Report", Literature number: 11-08-26-003, Radio Frequency Identification System, Sep. 2003.
- A. G. P. Boswell, "Loop antennas in the 3-30 MHz band", 8th International Conference on HF Radio Systems and Techniques, IEE Conference Publication 474, Apr. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1049/cp:20000144
- K. Finkenzeller, RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards and Identification, John Wiley, Chichester, 2003.
- Xun Liu, W. M. Ng, C. K. Lee, and S. Y. Hui, "Optimal operation of contactless transformers with resonance in secondary circuilts", IEEE 23rd Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, pp. 645-650, Feb. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/APEC.2008.4522790
- A. Kurs, A. Karalis, J. D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljacic, "Wireless power transfer via strongly coupled magnetic resonances", Science, pp. 83-86, Jul. 2007.
- A. Karalis, J. D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljacic, "Efficient wireless non-radiative mid-range energy transfer", Annals of Physics 323, pp. 34-48, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aop.2007.04.017
- HF-Band Magnetic-Field Communication System Using Bias Switching Circuit of Class E Amplifier vol.23, pp.9, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2012.23.9.1093
- 13.56 MHz Wireless Power Transfer System Using Loop Antennas with Tunable Impedance Matching Circuit vol.21, pp.5, 2010, https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2010.21.5.519
- HF-Band Wireless Power Transfer System with Adaptive Frequency Control Circuit for Efficiency Enhancement in a Short Range vol.22, pp.11, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2011.22.11.1047
- Analysis of -Parameters in Magnetic Resonance WPT Using Superconducting Coils vol.26, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2016.2544139