- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design of a Wideband Frequency Synthesizer with Low Varactor Control Voltage
낮은 바렉터 제어 전압을 이용한 광대역 주파수 합성기 설계
- Won, Duck-Ho (Department of Electronic Engineering, Sogang University) ;
- Choi, Kwang-Seok (Department of Electronic Engineering, Sogang University) ;
- Yun, Sang-Won (Department of Electronic Engineering, Sogang University)
- Published : 2010.01.31
In this paper, with using the clapp type VCO(Voltage Controlled Osillator) configuration a wideband frequency synthesizer in UHF band is proposed. In order to design a wideband frequency synthesizer, the variation of phase in the negative resistance circuit as well as the load circuit was analyzed. Based on this result we propose a method to widen the operation range of the VCO. A frequency synthesizer using the proposed wideband VCO was designed and fabricated. It is shown that the synthesizer has the operating frequency range of 740~1,530 MHz by 0~5 V varactor tuning voltage, and it had the output power of 2~-6 dBm. Moreover, the phase noise measured as -77 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz offset, and as -108 dBc/Hz at 100 kHz offset from the oscillation frequency.
Clapp Type VCO;Varactor;Wideband;Tuning Voltage;Phase
- David M Pozar, Microwave Engineering, John Wiley, pp. 585-587, 2005.
- 김민수, 능동 커패시터를 이용한 2 GHz 대역 주파수 합성기 설계, 서강대학교, pp. 4-5, 2004년.
- Peter Shveshkeyev, "A wideband VCO for set-top applications", Microwave Journal, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 74-88, Apr. 1999.
- Andrei Grebennikov, RF and Microwave Transistor Oscillator Design, John Wiley, pp. 351-356, 2007.