- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of Block Linear MMSE Equalization for OFDM Systems in Doubly Selective Channels
이중 선택적 채널 OFDM 시스템을 위한 블록 선형 MMSE 등화 방식의 성능 분석
- Lim, Dong-Min (Department of Electronic Engineering, Gyeongsang National University)
- 임동민 (경상대학교 전자공학과)
- Published : 2010.01.31
In this paper, we analyze the performance of the block linear MMSE equalization for OFDM systems in doubly selective channels by computer simulations. The block linear MMSE equalization shows somewhat unusual BER characteristics in that the BER curve drops at first as SNR increases but then rises up as SNR increases further beyond some point. In this paper, we investigate the BER characteristics of the block linear MMSE equalization by analyzing the condition number of the coefficient matrix in the linear system involved in the equalization process, and propose a new method to avoid the BER performance degradation at high SNR.
OFDM;Doubly Selective Channel;Linear MMSE Equalization;Condition Number
- P. Schniter, "Low-complexity equalization of OFDM in doubly selective channels", IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol. 52, pp. 1002-1011, Apr. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2004.823503
- Z. Tang, R. Claudio, G. Leus, and P. Banelli, "Pilot-assisted time-varying channel estimation for OFDM systems", IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol. 55, pp. 2226-2238, May 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2007.893198
- L. Rugini, P. Banelli, and G. Leus, "Low-complexity banded equalizers for OFDM systems in Doppler spread channels", EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2006, Article ID 67404, p. 13, 2006.
- 임동민, "주파수 선택적 시변 채널 OFDM 시스템에서의 파일럿 심볼을 이용한 채널 예측 및 등화", 한국전자파학회논문지, 18(12), pp. 1408-1418, 2007년 12월. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2007.18.12.1408
- J. Schott, Matrix Analysis for Statistics, New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1997.
- G. Stuber, Principles of Mobile Communication, Boston, Massachusetts: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1996.
- Y. -S. Choi, P. Voltz, and F. Cassara, "On channel estimation and detection for multicarrier signals in fast and selective Rayleigh fading channels", IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 49, pp. 1375-1387, Aug. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/26.939860
- X. Cai, G. Giannakis, "Bounding performance and suppressing intercarrier interference in wireless mobile OFDM", IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 51, pp. 2047-2056, Dec. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2003.820752
- G. Golub, C. Van Loan, Matrix Computations, Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 1996.
- L. Rugini, P. Banelli, and G. Leus, "Simple equalization of time-varying channels for OFDM", IEEE Commun. Letters, vol. 9, pp. 619-621, Jul. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2005.1461683
- S. Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing: Estimation Theory, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, Inc., vol. 1, 1993.
- D. Lim, J. Koh, "Simple detection ordering in successive interference cancellation for OFDM systems in doubly selective channels", IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. E91-B, pp. 2744-2747, Aug. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietcom/e91-b.8.2744