- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Improvement of Radiation Performance of Mobile Phone Antenna Using PIFA on U-Shaped Ground Plane
U-형 접지면 상에 배치된 평판형 역 F 안테나 구조를 이용한 휴대폰 단말기의 무선 성능 개선
- Lee, Jeong-Ho (Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Song, Jae-Kwan (Mobile Handset R&D Center, Mobile Communications Company, LG Electronics Inc.) ;
- Yook, Jong-Gwan (Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Published : 2010.01.31
In this paper, we propose antenna topology and ground plane shape to improve the performance of PIFA (Planar Inverted F Antenna) which is built-in mobile phone. First, we designed the PIFA antenna consists of multiple radiators to provide multi-current paths. Then we designed U-shaped ground plane on the PCB under the antenna. The proposed antenna structure shows TRP/TIS improvement of 2.0 dB/3.7 dB for GSM and 2.2 dB/ 2.0 dB for DCS and 0.8 dB/1.5 dB for PCS and 1.3 dB/0.7 dB for WCDMA at the free space.
PIFA;Ground Plane;Mobile Phone Handset;TRP;TIS
- Kin-Lu Wong, Planar Antennas for Wireless Communications, John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
- P. K. Panayi, M. Al-Nuaimi, and L. P. Ivrissimtzis, "Tuning techniques for the planar inverted-F antenna", National Conference on Antennas and Propagation, Mar.-Apr. 1999.
- H. Nakano, R. Suzuki, and J. Yamauchi, "Low-profile inverted-F antenna with parasitic elements on an infinite ground plane", IEE Proc.-Microw. Antennas Propag., vol. 145, no. 4, pp. 321-325, Aug. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-map:19982067
- 손태호, "이득 향상을 위한 휴대폰용 IPI 급전 인테나", 2006 안테나기술 워크샵논문집, 한국전자파학회, pp. 219-238, 2006년 4월.
- C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, 1997.
- K. Fujimoto, A. Henderson, K. Hirasawa, and J. R. Janmes, Small Antennas, Research Studies Press Ltd., London and John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, 1987.