- Volume 59 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Optimal Transfer Capability in Power System Interconnection
연계된 계통간의 최적 송전 용량 산정
- Received : 2009.10.30
- Accepted : 2010.03.17
- Published : 2010.04.01
As the electrical power industry is restructured, the electrical power exchange is becoming extended. One of the key information used to determine how much power can be transferred through the network is known as available transfer capability (ATC). To calculate ATC, traditional deterministic approach is based on the severest case, but the approach has the complexity of procedure. Therefore, novel approach for ATC calculation is proposed using cost-optimization method, well-being method and risk-benefit method in this paper. This paper proposes the optimal transfer capability of HVDC system between mainland and a separated island in Korea through these three methods. These methods will consider production cost, wheeling charge through HVDC system and outage cost with one depth (N-1 contingency).
ATC;Cost-optimization method;Risk-benefit method;Well-being method
- R. Billiton, S. Aboreshaid, M. Fotuhi-Firuzbad, "Well-being Analysis For HVDC Transmission System", IEEE Transactions on Power System, Vol. 12, No. 2, May. 1997.
- 전력거래소. "2008년 6월 전력시장운영실적 보고서". KPX, July 2008.
- S.B.Choi, D.K.Kim, S.H.Jeon, H.S.Ryu, "Evaluation of the Customer Interruption Cost taking into consideration Macro Economic Approach in LPREA", Power System Technology, 2002. Proceedings. PowerCon 2002. International Conference on, Vol.4, pp.2358-2362, 2002.
- Billinton, R. and Allan, R. N., Reliability Evaluation of Power System, Longman, 1984
- North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC), "Available Transfer Capability -Definitions and Determinations", NERC Report, June 1996.
- H.I.Son, D.J.Shin, J.O.Kim, "Evaluation if Optimal Transfer Capability in Haenam-Jeju HVDC system Based on Cost optimization.", KIEE International Transactions on Power Engineering. Vol. 5-A. No.3 pp.9-15. Sep. 2005
- K.Audomvongseree, and A.Yokoyama, "Consideration of an Appropriate TTC by Probabilistic Approach." IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 19, No.1. Feb. 2004.
- Final Report, "Composite-System Reliability Evaluation: Phase 1 - Scoping Study", Tech. report EPRI EL-5290, Project 2581-1, December 1987.