- Volume 59 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Quasi-Steady-State Analysis on the Effect of the STATCOM on FRT Performance of Fixed Speed Wind Turbines
준정상상태 해석을 통한 고정속 풍력 발전기의 FRT에 대한 STATCOM의 효과 분석
- 안선주 (명지대학교 전기공학과) ;
- 황평익 (서울대학교 전기컴퓨터공학부) ;
- 남순열 (명지대학교 전기공학과) ;
- 강상희 (명지대학교 전기공학과) ;
- 문승일 (서울대학교 전기컴퓨터공학부)
- Received : 2009.11.09
- Accepted : 2010.02.12
- Published : 2010.04.01
This paper analyzes the effect of the STATCOM on the improvement of the Fault Ride Through (FRT) capability of the fixed speed wind turbines(FSWTs). The steady-state models of the wind farm components, such as induction generator, capacitor bank, and the STATCOM, are developed based on the simplified equivalent circuit. Especially, the STATCOM is modeled as a controllable current source and a method that analytically determines the magnitude of the injection current is developed. For the quasi-steady-state(QSS) analysis, the steady-state model of the generator and STATCOM are merged with the dynamic model of drive train. The QSS simulation with the STATCOM shows that the STATCOM can enhance the FRT performance by improving the
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- T. Ackermann, Wind Power in Power Systems, John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
- EWEA, available on-line: http://www.ewea.org/index.php-id=180.
- German Grid Code - High and extra high voltage, available on-line: http://www.eon-netz.com.
- The Grid Code, available on-line: http://www.nationalgrid.com.
- B. Singh, S. N. Singh, "Wind power interconnection into the power system: a review of grid code requirements," The Electricity Journal, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 54-63, June 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tej.2009.04.008
- M. Tsili, S. Papathanassiou, "A review of grid code technical requirements for wind farms," IET Renew. Power Gener., vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 308-332, Sep. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-rpg.2008.0070
- F. Iov, A. D. Hanson, P. Sorensen N. A. Cutululis, "Mapping of grid faults and grid codes," Riso National Laboratory, July 2007.
- L. Qi, J. Langston, M. Steurer, "Applying a STATCOM for stability improvement to an existing wind farm with fixed-speed induction generators," IEEE PES General Meeting, 2008.
- H. M. EL-Helw, S. B. Tennakoon, "Evaluation of the suitability of a fixed speed wind turbines for large scale wind farms considering the new UK grid code," Renewable Energy, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 1-12, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2007.08.010
- M. Molinas, J. A. Suul, T. Undeland, "Wind farms with increased transient stability margin provided by a STATCOM," 5th Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 2006.
- A. Causebrook, D. J. Atkinson, A. G. Jack, "Fault ride-through of large wind farms using series dynamic braking resistors," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 966-975, Aug. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2007.901658
- M. S. Sarma, Electric Machines 2nd Ed., PWS Publishing Company, 1996.
- N. G. Hingorani, L. Gyugyi, Understanding FACTS, IEEE Press, 1999.
- D. Shen, P. W. Lehn, "Modeling, analysis, and control of a current source inverter-based STATCOM," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 17, no. 1, Jan. 2002.
- M. G. Gracia, M. P. Comech, J. Sallan, A. Llombart, "Modelling wind farms for grid disturbance studies," Renewable Energy, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 2109-2121, Sep. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2007.12.007
- U. M. Ascher, L. R. Petzold, Computer methods for ordinary differential equations and differential algebraic equations, SIAM, 1998.