- Volume 59 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Characteristics of Light Triggered Thyristor for Pulsed Power Application
펄스전력용 광점호 싸이리스터의 특성 연구
- Received : 2010.01.27
- Accepted : 2010.02.23
- Published : 2010.04.01
This paper describes characteristic of a light triggered thyristor investigated by experiment to adopt it into a main switch of a pulsed power unit. Triggering principle of the light triggered thyristor are referred with its structure and equivalent circuit. Operational principle and simulation result of a capacitive pulsed power circuit are explained. A variety of triggering conditions of triggering circuit and characteristics on turn-on, turn-off, voltage dividing in series operation, overvoltage protection function of the light triggered thyristor are investigated by experiments. Experimental result of 40 kJ pulsed power unit using the light triggered thyristor is presented.
- 김진성 외 "Thyristor를 사용한 22 kV, 60 kA급 펄스 전원장치", 2006년도 대한전기학회 하계학술대회 논문집, pp.1576-1577
- Hogler G. Wisten, Frank Podeyn, Thomas H.G.G Weise, Jorg Dorn and Dirk Westerholt, "Light Activated Semiconductors for ETC Pulsed Power Applications", IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, Vol. 37, no. 1, pp.403-405, Jan. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.911864
- J. Przybilla, R. Keller, U. kellner, C. Schneider, H.J. Schulze, F.J. Niedernostheide, "Applications for direct light triggered thyristors with integrated protection functions", PowerCon 2002. International Conf. pp.1029-1033, Oct. 2002.
- Th.H.G.G. Weise, B.Schuenemann, "Performance Spectrum of optical triggered Thyristor Switches for electric Weapon Systems", 12th Symposium on EML pp. 252-254, May 2004.
- J. Przybilla, R. Keller, U. kellner, H.-J. Schulze, F.-J. Niedernostheide, T. Peppel, "Direct light-triggered solid-state switches for pulsed power applications", Digest 14th International IEEE Pulsed Power Conf., pp.150-154, June, 2003.
- L.K.TUlly, E.S.Fulkerson, D.A. Goerz and R.D.Speer, "Evaluaion of Light-triggered Thyristors for Pulsed Power Applications", 28th International IEEE Power Modulator Conf., pp. 1-4, May 2008.
- J.Bernardes, S. Swindler, "Modeling and analysis of thyristor and diode reverse recovery in railgun pulsed power circuits", 15th International Pulsed Power Conf., pp.79-82, June 2005.