- Volume 59 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on an Optimal Design of a Triple-band PIFA using the Evolution Strategy
진화 알고리즘을 이용한 삼중대역 PIFA 최적 설계에 관한 연구
- Received : 2009.08.21
- Accepted : 2009.09.07
- Published : 2010.04.01
In this paper, we study on an optimal design of a triple-band PIFA (Planar Inverted-F Antenna) of 433 MHz, 912 MHz and 2.45 GHz by using evolution strategy. Generally, the resonant frequency of the PIFA is determined by the width and length of a U-type slot used. However the resonant frequencies of the multiple U slots are varied by the mutual effect of the slots. Thus the optimal width and length of U-type slots are determined by using an optimal design program based on the evolution strategy. To achieve this, an interface program between a commercial EM analysis tool and the optimal design program is constructed for implementing the evolution strategy technique that seeks a global optimum of the objective function through the iterative design process consisting of variation and reproduction. The resonant frequencies of initial model are 439.5 MHz, 981.5 MHz and 2.563 GHz. However, the resonant frequencies of the triple-band PIFA yielded by the optimal design program are 430.5 MHz, 907 MHz and 2.4515 GHz. Measured resonant frequencies are 433.5 MHz, 905.5 MHz and 2.454GHz, which show a good agreement with the simulation results.
Supported by : 중소기업 산학협력실
- Tae-Hyun Kim, Dong-Chul Park, "Compact Dual-Band Antenna With Double L-Slits for WLAN Operations," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. lett., vol. 4, pp. 249-252, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2005.852576
- P. Salonen, M. Keskilammi, M. Kivikoski, "New slot configulations for dual-band planar inverted-F antenna," Microwave Opical Tech. Lett., vo.28, pp.293-298, March 5, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1002/1098-2760(20010305)28:5<293::AID-MOP1022>3.0.CO;2-T
- C. Y. Chiu, C. H. Chan, and K. M. Luk, "Small dual-band antenna with folded-patch technique," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 3, pp. 108-110, 2004.
- N. Telzhensky, Y. Leviatan, "Novel Method of UWB Antenna Optimization for Specified Input Signal Forms by Means of Genetic Algorithm," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and propagation, Vol.54, pp.2216-2225, No.8, Aug. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2006.879201
- S. Tarvas, A Isohatala, "An Internal dual-band mobile phone antenna," 2000 IEEE Antenna Propagat. Soc. Int Symp. Dig, pp.266-269, 2000.
- Z. D. Liu, P. S. Hall, D. Wake, "Dual-frequency planar inverted-F antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol.45, pp.1451-1458, Oct.1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.633849
- K. Hirisawa, M. Haneishi, "Analysis, Design, and Measurement of small and Low-Profile Antennas," Artech House, Boston: 1992.
- P.L. Werner and D.H. Verner, "A design optimization methodology for multiband stochastic antennas," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symp., 2002. IEEE, Vol. 2, pp.354-357, June 2002.
- Altshuler, "Electrically small self-resonant wire antennas optimized using a genetic algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 50, pp.297-300, Mar. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.999619
- T. Back, D. B Fogel, Z. Michalewicz, Evolutionary Computation, IOP Publishing Ltd., Bristol: 2000.
- K. Hirisawa, M. Haneishi, Analysis, Design, and Measurement of small and Low-Profile Antenna, Artech House, Boston: 1992.