- Volume 59 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Method of Selecting Filter Coefficient for Robust Data to Clock Equalizer in Optical Disc Drive
광 디스크 드라이브의 강인한 데이터-클럭 등화기 필터계수 선정
- Received : 2010.01.04
- Accepted : 2010.01.30
- Published : 2010.04.01
The equalizer compensates a signal distorted by transmission lines and amplifying stages, so the signal can have uniform characteristics over all frequency range. The equalizer in ODD(Optical Disc Drive) improves the stability of the extracted clock from a received signal and the readability of an inserted disc by suppressing noise and ISI(Inter-Symbol Inference). The length of marks-spaces and track pitch on discs becomes shorter as the recording density of an optical media is higher, which causes noise and ISI. And, the sensitivity about the fluctuation of physical systems is higher as the optical devices become more complicate. This paper proposes a method to select the coefficient of built-in equalizer of ODD in order to maintain the quality of signals against noise and ISI caused by system fluctuation.
Equalizer;noise;Inter-symbol inference;Golden section search;Jitter margin;Phase locked loop
- Y. Xiong and S. Shafer, "Depth from Focusing and Defocusing," IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp.68-73, Jun. 1993.
- Y. C. Chang, "N-Dimension Golden Section Search: Its Variants and Limitations," 2nd International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Informatics, pp.1-6, Oct. 2009.
- Blu-ray Disc Founders, White Paper Blu-ray Disc Format, Mar. 2007.
- U. Wilhelmson and R. Gudbrand, Inter Symbol Interference for Blu-ray Disc, AudioDev, Mar. 2007.
- R. Neil Braithwaite, "A Modified Golden Search Algorithm for Second Loop Control in a Pilot-Assisted Feedforward Power Amplifier," IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium, pp.427-430, Jan. 2008.
- C. Wang, Lecture on Mathematical Optimization, University of Aberdeen, School of Engineering, Sep. 2008.