- Volume 59 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Smooth Path Planning Method for Autonomous Mobile Robots Using Cardinal Spline
카디널스플라인을 이용한 자율이동로봇의 곡선경로 생성방법
- Received : 2009.09.29
- Accepted : 2010.02.03
- Published : 2010.04.01
We propose a smooth path planning method for autonomous mobile robots. Due to nonholonomic constraints by obstacle avoidance, the smooth path planning is a complicated one. We generate smooth path that is considered orientation of robot under nonholonomic constraints. The proposed smooth planning method consists of two steps. Firstly, the initial path composed of straight lines is obtained from V-graph by Dijkstra's algorithm. Then the initial path is transformed by changing the curve. We apply the cardinal spline into the stage of curve generation. Simulation results show a performance of proposed smooth path planning method.
Supported by : 충남대학교
- H. Choset, K. M. Lynch, S. Hutchinson, G. Kantor, W. Burgard, L. E. Kavrak, S. Thrun, Principles of Robot Motion, The MIT Press, 2005.
- R. Siegwart, I. R. Nourbakhsh, Introduction to Autonomous Mobile Robots, The MIT Press, 2004.
- T. Kito, J. Ota, R. Katsuki, T. Mizuta, T. Arai, T. Ueyama, T. Nishiyama, "Smooth path planning by using visibility graph-like method," IEEE Int. Conf. On Roboics & Automation, vol. 3, pp. 3770-3775, 2003.
- T. Fraichard, A. Scheuer, "From Reeds and Shepp's to Continuous-Curvature Paths," IEEE Trans. on Robotics, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1025-1035, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2004.833789
- M. Lepetic, G. Klancar, I. Skrjanc, D. Matko, B. Potocnik, "Time optimal path planning considering acceleration limits," Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 199-210, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2003.09.007
- W. Wu, H. Chen, P.Y. Woo, " Time optimal path planning for a wheeled mobile robot," Journal of Robotic Systems, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 585-591, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-4563(200011)17:11<585::AID-ROB1>3.0.CO;2-7
- M. Haddad, T. Chettibi, S. Hanchi, H. E. Lehtihe, "A random-profile approach for trajectory planning of wheeled mobile robots," European Journal of Mechanics A/Solids, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 519-540, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechsol.2006.10.001
- V. B. Anand, computer graphics & geometric modeling for engineers, J. Wiley, 1993.
- M. Yamamoto, M.Iwamura, A. Mohri, "Quasi-timeoptimal motion planning of mobile platforms in the presence of obstacles," IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. On Intelligent Robot and Systems, vol. 4, pp. 2958-2963, 1999.
- T. H. Cormen, C. E. Leiserson, et al, Introduction to Algorithms, 2nd Ed., The MIT Press, 2001.