- Volume 59 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Conversion Tools from V2 to V3 based on caAdapter
caAdapter에 기반 한 V2-V3 변환 도구 개발
- Received : 2010.01.28
- Accepted : 2010.03.05
- Published : 2010.04.01
Although the goals of HL7 Version 2(V2) and Version 3(V3) are identical, the concepts of the implementation and technological basis are different; this makes their versions inconvertible. This problem interrupts technological innovation advanced from V2 to V3 and has been raised as a new type of barrier in the field of medical information system. This study intends to develop software to convert V2 to V3 which can be utilized in the actual medical environment. Since it is practically difficult to develop the whole tools that automatically change total V2 messages into V3 messages, this article has designed, implemented, and tested the software that allows mapping between V2 and V3 which function as tools. In order to test this program, it has used ADT^A03 of five V2 messages to generate V3 messages. It is expected that the result of this research will be one of the new methods allowing conversion between V2 and V3.
- Health Level seven. HL7 Version 3 Development Framework (HDF), Ann Arbor, MI: Health Leverl Seven, Inc, 2005.
- HS. Kim, CB. Park, HS. Hong, H. Cho, "Adoption of MFER HL7 Standard for Shared Electronic medical Record," Trans. KIEE, vol. 57D, no. 3, pp. 501-506, 2008.
- DJ. Marotta, "HL7 in the 21st century. Integrating medical information exchange," Healthc Inform, vol.17, no. 4, pp. 46-48, 2000.
- HH. Kim, H. Cho, T. Tung, HS. Hong, HS. Kim Development of HL7 Middleware for Patient Monitoring Device, Trans. KIEE, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 1680-1687, 2007.
- SM. Huff, WD. Bidgood, Jr., JJ. Cimino and WE. Hammond, "A proposal for incorporating health level seven (HL7) vocabulary in the UMLS Metathesaurus," Proc AMIA Symp, pp. 800-804, 1998.
- caBIG, available at:http://cabig.cancer.gov
- Java SDK 1.5, available at://http://java.sun.com
- IntelliJ IDEA 7.0, available at://http://www.jetbrains.com
- caAdapter, cancer Biomedical Informatics Grid 2007 Annual Meeting, Feb. 2007, Washington, DC.
- S. Liu, et. al., HL7 SDK – Health Level Seven Software Development Toolkit, NIH Research Festival, Oct. 2005, Bethesda, Maryland.
- Open source of caBIG project, available at://http://ncicb.nci.nih.gov/NCICB/infrastructure/cacore_overview/caAdapter
- T. Tran, HS. Kim, HH. Kim, H. Cho, "An Efficient Algorithm for HL7 Message Parsing," Trans. KIEE, vol. 55D, no. 6, pp. 274-278, 2006.
- XMLspy, available at://www.Altova.com/XMLSpy