- Volume 59 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
QoS aware Multi-class scheduler in WiMAX System
WiMAX 시스템에서 QoS에 기반한 Multi-Class 스케줄러
- Received : 2010.01.04
- Accepted : 2010.03.15
- Published : 2010.04.01
Mobile WiMAX system provides various classes of traffic such as real-time and non-realtime services. These services have different QoS requirements and the QoS aware scheduling has been an important issue. Although many of scheduling algorithms for various services in OFDMA system have been proposed, it is needed to be modified to be applied to Mobile WiMAX system. Since Mobile WiMAX supports five kinds of service classes, it is important to take QoS characteristics of each class into consideration. In this paper, we propose an efficient packet scheduling algorithm to support QoS of each class. Proposed scheme selects a service class first considering QoS Characteristics of each class and choose an appropriate user in the selected class. Simulation results show that the proposed algorithm has better performance than the other algorithm.
- W. Park, S. Cho, and S. Bahk, "Scheduler Design for Multiple Traffic Classes in OFDMA Networks," Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications, vol. 2, pp. 790-795, June 2006.
- S. Ryu, B. Ryu, H. Seo, and M. Shi, "Urgency and efficiency based wireless downlink packet scheduling algorithm in OFDMA system," Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, vol. 3, pp.1456-1462. June 2005.
- P. Bender et al., "CDMA/HDR: A Bandwidth-Efficient High-Speed Wireless Data Service for Nomadic Users," IEEE Communication Magazine, vol. 38, pp.70-77, Jul. 2000.
- Jun Shen, Na Yi, An Liu, Haige Xiang, "Opportunistic Scheduling for Heterogeneous Services in Downlink OFDMA System," Proc. 2009 WRI International Conference on Communications and Mobile Compunce, vol. 1, pp.260-264, Jan. 2009.
- M. Andrews, K. Kumaran, K. Ramanan, A. Stolyar, P. Whiting, and R.Vijayakumar, "Providing quality of service over a shared wireless link," IEEE Communication Magazine, vol. 39, pp. 150-154, Feb. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/35.900644
- IEEE Std 802.16e-2005, "IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks, Part 16: Air Interface for Fixed and Mobile Broadband Wireless Access Systems," Feb. 2006.