- Volume 47 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of the Abrasives for Water-jet by Using an Air Bubbling Sedimentation Rate Control Technique
에어 버블링을 이용한 침강속도 제어기법 적용 습식워터젯용 연마제 개발
- Lee, Dae-Hyung (KUZCO LBE Co. Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Young-Bea (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Mo, Se-Woong (Deerfos Co. Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Min-Ho (Deerfos Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Chong-Mu (Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Inha University)
- Received : 2010.03.02
- Accepted : 2010.03.09
- Published : 2010.05.31
In recent years abrasive water jet (AWJ) has received significant attention as a technology used in the manufacturing industry for cutting materials. In this paper we report the development of a new preparation method of abrasives for water jet by using an air bubbling sedimentation rate control technique. The SiC abrasives prepared by an air bubbling sedimentation rate control technique using latex resin are found to be superior to the conventional abrasives not only in surface roughness uniformity but also in lifetime. The AWJ test results also show that the former has also better impact-resistance and wear-resistance than the latter.
Supported by : 지식경제부
- M. Hashish, “Application of Abrasive Waterjets to Metal Cutting,” pp. 1-11, Nontraditional Machining, Conference Proceeding, 1986.
- S. W. Zhang, R. He, D. Wang, and Q. Fan, “Abrasive Erosion of Polyurethane,” J. Mater. Sci., 36 5037-43 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011814506377
- G. Vikram and N. Ramesh Babu, “Modelling and Analysis of Abrasive Water Jet Cut Surface Topography,” International J. Machine Tools & Manufacture, 42 1345-13 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(02)00064-0
- R. Balasubramaniam, J. Krishnan, and N. Ramakrishnan, “A Study on the Shape of the Surface Generated by Abrasive Jet Machining,” J. Mater. Proc. Technol., 121 102-6 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(01)01209-2
- F. L. Chen and E. Siores, “The Effect of Cutting Jet Variation on Surface Striation Formation in Abrasive Water Jet Cutting,” J. Mater. Proc. Technol., 135 1-5 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(01)00579-9
- P. H. Shipway, G. Fowler, and I. R. Pashby, “Characteristics of the Surface of a Titanium Alloy Following Milling with Abrasive Waterjets,” Wear, 258 123-32 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2004.04.005
- S. H. Yoon, K. S. Cho, P. N. Tan, H. Cheong, Y. D. Kim, and S, W. Park, “The Effect of SiC Powder Size at Reaction Bonded SiC Composite Fabricated by a Molten Si Infiltration Method(in Korean),” J. Kor. Ceram. Soc., 45  486-92 (2008). https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2008.45.8.486
- D. A. Summers, Waterjet Technology, pp. 127-30, Alden Press, Oxford, UK, 1995.