- Volume 34 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Fatigue Crack Propagation Depending on Fiber Array Direction in Woven CFRP Composites
평직 CFRP 복합재료의 섬유 배열각도별 피로 균열 성장 평가
- Geum, Jin-Hwa (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Choi, Jung-Hun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Park, Hong-Sun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Koo, Jae-Mean (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Seok, Chang-Sung (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.)
- 금진화 (성균관대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 최정훈 (성균관대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 박홍선 (성균관대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 구재민 (성균관대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 석창성 (성균관대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2009.12.11
- Accepted : 2010.04.01
- Published : 2010.06.01
Many researchers have studied woven fabric carbon-fiber-reinforced composite (CFRP) materials but the study of fatigue crack propagation in composites has been insufficient. It has known that the crack propagation behavior differs depending on the load and the fiber direction. In this study, the fatigue crack propagation along two different fiber array directions (
Plane Weave CFRP;Fatigue Crack Propagation;Crack Length;Fiber Array Direction;Energy Release Rate
Supported by : 한국과학재단
- Pris and P.C. Sih, 1969, "Stress Analysis of Cracks," American Society for Testing and Materials, pp.30-83.
- Tomohiro Yokozeki, 2002, "Fatigue Growth of Matrix Cracks in the Transverse Direction of CFRP Laminates," Compasites Science and Technology, Vol.62, pp.1223-1229. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0266-3538(02)00068-4
- Putic, S., 2003, "Analysis of Fatigue and Crack Growth in Carbon-Fiber Epoxy Matrix Composite Laminates," Strength of Material, Vol.35, No.5, pp.500-507. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:STOM.0000004538.77270.1e
- Rybicki E.F. and Kanninen M.F., 1977, "A Finite Element Calculation of Stress Intensity Factors by a Modified Crack Closure Integral," Eng Fract Mech, Vol.9, pp.931-937. https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(77)90013-3
- Mandell. J. F., 1975, "Fatigue Crack Propagation Rates in Woven and Nonwoven Fiber Glass Laminates," ASTM Special Technical Publication, pp.515-527.
- Kim, J. K., 1990, " Fatigue Crack Propagation of GFRD Composites According to Fiber Array Direction," Conference of The Korea Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.2, pp.44-47.
- Blanco, N., 2004, "Mixed Mode Delamination Growth in Carbon-Fibre Composite Laminates Under Cyclic Loading," International journal of solids and structures, Vol. 41, pp. 4219-4235. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2004.02.040
- Choi, J. H., 2008, “Evaluation of Failure Strengths and Fracture Toughness of Plain Weave Composites,” Conference of The Korea Society of Mechanical Engineers, pp. 561-566.
- ASTM, 2000, "Standard Test Method for Measurement of Fatigue Crack Growth Rates," E647.
- Biner, S. B., 2001, "Mixed-Mode Fracture Characteristics of a Laminated Metal Matrix Composite," Journal of Materials Science, Vol.36, pp.2505-2510. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1017942418047
- Tohru Takamatsu, 1999, "Fatigue Crack Growth Properties of a GLARE3-5/4 Fiber/Metal Laminate," Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol.63, pp.253-272. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7944(99)00021-1
- Lee, C. S., 1994, “Fatigue Analysis of Composites,” Journal of The Korea Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.34, pp.372-383.