- Volume 34 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Leak-Before-Break Behavior and Crack Opening Displacement in Piping Under Bending Load
굽힘하중을 받는 배관의 파단전누설거동 및 균열개구변위
- Nam, Ki-Woo (Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.)
- 남기우 (부경대학교 신소재공학부)
- Received : 2009.12.21
- Accepted : 2010.03.26
- Published : 2010.06.01
The leak-before-break behavior and the crack opening displacement were investigated of statically indeterminate piping system and statically determinate piping system after a crack penetration. The reduction in the ultimate strength caused by a crack was relatively small in the statically indeterminate piping system. The leak-before-break in the statically indeterminate piping system had a larger safety margin than that in the statically determinate piping system. The crack opening displacement after crack penetration in a pipe with a nonpenetrating crack was evaluated by using a plastic rotation angle.
LBB Behavior;Bending Load;Crack Opening Displacement;Pipe;Crack Penetration
- Ahn, S. H., Nam, K. W. Yoo, Y. S., Ando, K., Ji, S. H., Ishiwata, K. and Hasegawa, K., 2002, "Fracture Behavior of Straight Pipe and Elbow with Local Wall Thinning," Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 211, pp. 91-103. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-5493(01)00447-2
- Anh, S. H. and Nam, K. W., 2005, “Effect of Wall Thinning on the Failure of Pipes Subjected to Bending Load”, Transactions of the KSME(A), Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 601-606. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2005.29.4.606
- Ahn, S. H., Nam, K. W., Takahashi, K., Ando, K., 2006, “Comparison of Experimental and Finite Element Analytical Results for the Strength and the Deformation of Pipes with Local Wall Thinning Subjected to Bending Moment”, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 236, pp. 140-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2005.07.010
- Liu, S. P.,Hidaka, A., Kojima, T. and Ando, K., 1996, "Ultimate Strength and Plastic Collapse Behavior of Statically Indeterminate Beams with Crack," JSME. Vol. 62, No. 595, pp. 90-97.
- Liu, S. P. and Ando, K., 1996, "Ultimate Strength and Plastic Collapse Behavior of Statically Indeterminate Pipes with Crack and Compliances," JSME. Vol. 62, No. 597, pp. 48-55.
- Liu, S. P. and Ando, K., 1996, "Leak Before Break and Plastic Collapse Behavior of Statically Indeterminate Pipe System with Circumferential Crack" , JHPI, Vol. 34, No. 6, pp. 2-10.
- Hasegawa, K., Sakata, S., Simizu, T., Shida, S., 1983. Prediction of Fracture Tolerances for Stainless Steel Pipes with Circumferential Cracks. ASME Int. J. Press. Ves. Piping, Vol. 95, pp. 65-78.
- Paris, P. C. and Tada, H., 1983, NUREG/CR-3464.
- Ahn, S. H., Ando, K., Ishiwata, M. and Hasegawa, K., 1998, "Plastic Collapse Behavior of Pipes with Local Wall Thinning Subjected to Bending Load and Allowable Limit," JHPI. Vol. 36, No. 4, pp. 225-233.