- Volume 34 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Design of Six-Component F/T Sensor with Flexible Fixed Ends
유연한 고정단을 가진 6축 F/T 센서의 설계
- Lee, Bong-Hee (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Joo, Jin-Won (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.02.12
- Accepted : 2010.05.04
- Published : 2010.06.01
This paper describes the design process of a six-component force/torque (F/T) sensor. The new six-component F/T sensor having leaf spring ends has been developed using a cross beam structure as the basic sensing element. Fundamental strain analysis of both ends fixed beam having a leaf spring structure is performed by finite element analysis. In order to obtain similar output sensing strains from the six component loads and minimize coupling strains, the optimal location of strain gages is determined and the strain gages are connected so that the bridge circuits with four strain gages would be balanced. Using leaf spring ends instead of rigid fixed ends, remarkable increment in output sensing strain can be achieved for two component forces. Several modifications in design result in a similar sensing strain of approximately
Six-Component Force/Torque Sensor;Leaf Spring Structure;Cross Type Beam;Coupling Strain
Supported by : 충북대학교
- One, K. and Hatamura, Y., 1986, "A New Design for 6-component Force/Torque Sensors," Mechanical Problems in Measuring Force and Mass, pp.39-48.
- Yabuki, A., 1990, "Six`Axis Force/Torque Sensor for Assembly Robots," FUJITSU Sci. Tech. J., Vol. 26, No. 1, pp.41-47.
- Bayo, E. and Stubbe, J. R., 1989, "Six-Axis Force Sensor Evaluation and a New Type of Optimal Frame Truss Design for Robotic Applications," J. Robotics Systems, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp.191-208. https://doi.org/10.1002/rob.4620060206
- Joo, J. W., Na, K. S. and Kim, G. S., 1998, “Design and Evaluation of Small Size Six-axis Force/Torque Sensor Using Parallel Plate Structure,” Transactions of the KSME(A), Vol. 22, No, 2, pp.352-364.
- Joo, J. W., Na, K. S. and Kang, D. I., 2002, "Design and Evaluation of a Six-Component Load Cell," Measurement, Vol. 32, pp. 125-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-2241(02)00002-7
- Liu, S. A. and Tzo, H. L., 2002, "A Novel Six-Component Force Sensor of Good Measurement Isotropy and Sensitivities, Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 100, pp. 223-230. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(02)00135-8
- Kang C. G., 1998, Analysis on Force Sensing Errors of Force-Torque Sensors, Transactions of the KSME(A), Vol. 22, No, 7, pp.352-364.
- Chao, L. P. and Yin, C. Y., 1999, "The Six- Component Force Sensor for Measuring the Loading of the Feet in Locomotion," Materials and Design Vol. 20, pp.237-244. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-3069(99)00009-6
- Chao, L.P. and Chen, K-T., 1997, "Shape Optimal Design and Force Sensitivity Evaluation of Six-Axis Force Sensors," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 63, pp. 105-112. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(97)01534-3