- Volume 34 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Failure Data Analysis of J79 Engine Transfer Gearbox for Aircraft Maintenance Planning
항공기 정비계획을 위한 J79 엔진 Transfer Gearbox의 고장데이터 분석
- Choi, Jae-Man (Military Airworthiness Certification Center) ;
- Yang, Seung-Hyo (Air Force Logistics Command) ;
- Hwang, Young-Ha (Air Force Logistics Command) ;
- Son, Ik-Sang (Air Force Logistics Command) ;
- On, Yong-Sub (Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Young-Jin (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality)
- 최재만 (군용항공기 감항인증센터) ;
- 양승효 (공군 군수사령부) ;
- 황영하 (공군 군수사령부) ;
- 손익상 (공군 군수사령부) ;
- 온용섭 (충남대학교 항공우주공학과) ;
- 김영진 (국방기술품질원)
- Received : 2009.07.30
- Accepted : 2010.04.21
- Published : 2010.06.01
Forecasting possible failure characteristics is very important in maintenance planning because it helps in predicting any future failures and determining the optimum replacement interval. This paper examines the time.to-failure distribution of the transfer gearbox of a J79 engine by using a probability plotting technique which is one of the most convenient techniques for reliability analysis. Various probability distributions are evaluated for determining the suitable probability distribution of the failure data of the transfer gearbox, and the resulting correlation coefficient indicates that failure data have a lognormal distribution. The expected number of unscheduled maintenance actions and the optimum replacement interval for various values of cost ratios are determined.
Bathtub Curve;Failure Data;Failure Mode;Lognormal Distribution;Maintenance Planning;Median Rank;MTBF;Normal Distribution;Optimal Replacement Interval;Reliability Analysis;Weibull Distribution
Supported by : 공군 항공기술연구소
- Choi, J.M., Kwon, Y.H., Choi, H.S., Yang, S.H., Woo, S.W., Cho, S.M. and Lee, S.J., 2009, "Statistical Analysis for NDI Results of Aircraft Engine Component for Determining Crack Initiation Period," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 33, No. 12, pp. 1482-1487. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.12.1482
- Song, J.H. and Park, J.H., 2007, An Introduction to Reliability Engineering in Mechanical Design, Intervision, Seoul, pp. 189-208.
- Leemis, Lawrence M, 1995, Reliability: Probabilistic Models and Statistical Methods, Prentice-Hall, New York, pp. 273-300.
- Technical manual T.O. 2J-J79-86-5, Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
- Jeong, H.S., Kwon, Y.I., and Park, D.H., 2007, Reliability Test Analysis and Evaluation, Youngchi Publication.
- Kamins, M. and McCall, J.J., 1961, "Rules for Planned Replacement of Aircraft and Missile Parts," Memorandum RM-2810-PR, Rand Corporation.
- Wolstenholme, L.C., 1999, Reliability Modelling: A Statistical Approach, Chapman & Hall/CRC, New York
- Park, K.S., 1993, Reliability Engineering, Heejung Publication, Seoul, pp. 427-443.
- Kang, Y.S., Kim, T.G. and Hwang, Y.H., 2007, Reliability Engineering and Application, Donghwa Publication, Seoul, pp. 265-277.
- Generating knowledge for the identification of device failure causes and the prediction of the times-to-failure in u-Healthcare environments vol.17, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00779-012-0573-7