- Volume 34 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Inchworm-Like Robotic Colonoscope UsingLegs for Clamping
다리를 이용한 클램핑 방식의 자벌레 이동방식 대장내시경로봇
- Park, Hyun-Jun (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.) ;
- Leem, Sang-Hyuck (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.) ;
- Kim, Byung-Kyu (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.)
- Received : 2009.09.08
- Accepted : 2010.04.23
- Published : 2010.06.01
For the reliable clamping of a robotic colonoscope inside the colon, we propose a clamping module consisting of six legs at the front and a trigger at the rear. In addition, a pneumatic-line based locomotive mechanism, which was developed previously for in-pipe inspection, is adopted to reduce the friction force between the pneumatic lines and the locomotion environment. In order to evaluate locomotion performance, a robot with a diameter of 15 mm and a length of 110.250 mm is used. Based on control signal from LabVIEW, it is tested in acrylic pipe and pig's colon. The proposed robot is able to move in the curved path which has a radius of over 25 mm. The speed of the robot is 33 mm/s in a straight path and 12.1 mm/s on a vertical path. The proposed robot, which has one pneumatic line and two clamping modules, conclusively shows reliable locomotion performance under in vitro condition.
Supported by : 지식경제부
- Kim, K. D., Lim, H. Y., Kim, B. K., Park, J. O. and Hong, Y. S., 2002, “A Locomotive Mechanism for Colonoscope,” Transaction of the KSME, A, Vol. 26, No. 7, pp. 1296-1301.
- Kim, K. D., Lee, S. J., Kim, B. K. and Park, J. O., 2002, “Radial Type Locomotive Mechanism with Worm for Robotic Endoscope,” Transaction of the ICASE, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 220-225.
- Kim, B. K., Lee, J. H., Lim, Y. M., Park, J. O., Kim, S. H. and Hong, Y. S., 2001, “Locomotive Colonoscope,” Proceedings of the 32nd ISR, pp. 1829-1833.
- Menciassi, A., Park, J. H., Lee, S., Gorini, S., Dario, P. and Park, J. O., 2002, “Robotic Solutions and Mechanisms for a Semi-Autonomous Endoscope,” Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems.
- Kim, B. K., Lim, H. Y., Park, J. H. and Park, J. O., 2006, “Inchworm-Like Colonoscopic Robot with Hollow Body and Steering Device,” JSME Int. Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 205-212. https://doi.org/10.1299/jsmec.49.205
- Sukho Park, Hyunjun Park, Sungjin Park and Byungkyu Kim, 2006, “A Paddling Based Locomotive Mechanism for Capsule Endoscopes,” KSME Int. J., Vol. 20, No. 7, pp. 1012-1018
- Dario, P., Carroza, M. C., Lencioni, L., Magnani, B. and D’Attansio, S., 1997, “A Micro-robotics System for Colonoscopy,” Proceedings of the 1997 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1567-1572.
- Paolo Dario, Maria Chiara Carrozza, Andrea Pietrabissa, Bernarod Magnani and Lucia Lencioni, 1999, “Endoscopic robot,” US patent, 5906591.
- Louis Phee Soo Jay, Alberto Arena, Arianna Menciassi and Paolo Dario, 2002, “Endoscope Device for Locomotion Through the Gastro-Intestinal Tract,” WO 02068035
- ByungKyu Kim, YounKoo Jeong, Hun-Young Lim, Tae-Song Kim, Jong-Oh Park and Paolo Dario, 2006, “Endoscope System with a Hollow Cylinder and a Bellows Moving Mechanism,” US patent, 07022068.
- Hoeg., H. D., Slatkin, A. B. and Burdick, J. W. 2000, “Biomechanical Modeling for the Small Intestine as Required for the Design and Operation of a Robotic Endoscope,” IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 1599-1606
- Warren S. Grundfest, Joel W. Burdick and Andrew B. Slatkin, 1994, “Robotic endoscopy,“ US patent, 5337732.
- Jinwan Lim, Hyunjun Park, Jaemin An, Yeh-Sun Hong, Byungkyu Kim and Byung-Ju Yi, 2008, “One Pneumatic Line Based Inchworm-Like Micro Robot for Half-Inch Pipe Inspection," Mechatronics, Vol. 18, pp. 315-322. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechatronics.2008.05.007
- Input signal effects on the locomotion of a robotic colonoscope activated by a flexible shaft vol.18, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-017-0055-y