- Volume 34 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Construction of Vehicle Door Impact Beam Using Hot Stamping Technology
핫스탬핑에 의한 자동차 도어 임팩트빔의 개발
- Lee, Hyun-Woo (Research and Development Center, MSautotech.) ;
- Hwang, Jung-Bok (Research and Development Center, MSautotech.) ;
- Kim, Sun-Ung (Research and Development Center, MSautotech.) ;
- Kim, Won-Hyuck (Research and Development Center, MSautotech.) ;
- Yoo, Seung-Jo (Research and Development Center, MSautotech.) ;
- Lim, Hyun-Woo (School of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering, Univ. of Ulsan) ;
- Yum, Young-Jin (School of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering, Univ. of Ulsan)
- 이현우 (엠에스오토텍 기술연구소) ;
- 황정복 (엠에스오토텍 기술연구소) ;
- 김선웅 (엠에스오토텍 기술연구소) ;
- 김원혁 (엠에스오토텍 기술연구소) ;
- 유승조 (엠에스오토텍 기술연구소) ;
- 임현우 (울산대학교 기계자동차공학과) ;
- 염영진 (울산대학교 기계자동차공학과)
- Received : 2009.12.04
- Accepted : 2010.04.09
- Published : 2010.06.01
A vehicle door impact beam made of a thin sheet of steel has been constructed using hot stamping technology with the aim of ensuring occupant safety in the event of a side collision. This technology has been used to increase the strength of the vehicle body parts and to reduce the weight of the door impact beam as well as the number of work processes. Mechanical tests were performed to determine the material properties of the hot-stamped specimen and the results of the tests were used as input data in stamping and structural simulation in order to obtain the optimal design of door impact beam. The strength of the hot-stamped door impact beam increased to a value that was 102% higher than that of conventional pipe-shaped door impact beam. A weight reduction of 34% was also achieved.
Side Crashworthiness;Door Impact Beam;Hot Stamping;Boron Steel;Bending Test Analysis
- Im, J. H., Huh, H. and Kim, K. P., 2003, "Side Impact Analysis of an Auto-body with 60TRIP Steel for Side Members," Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.164-171
- Son, J. H., Yum, Y. J., Kim, W. H., Hwang, J. B., Kim, S. U., Yoo, S. J. and Lee, H. W., 2008, "Development of High Strength Center-pillar by High Frequency Induction Heating," Transactions of Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 32, No. 6, pp.533-539 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.6.533
- Mohan Iyengar, R., Fedewa, B., Wang, Y.-W., Maatz, D.F., Jr. and Hughes, R.L., 2008, "Implications of Hot-Stamped Boron Steel Components in automotive Structures," American Society of Automotive Engineering - International Congress and Exposition, SAE Technical Paper Series 2008-01-0857, pp.63-76.
- Daniel Duque Munera, Aurelien Pic, Dmien Abou-khalil and Francis Shmit, 2008, "Innovative Press Hardened Steel Based Laser Welded Blanks Solutions for Weight Savings and Crash Safety Improvements," American Society of Automotive Engineering - International Congress and Exposition, SAE Technical Paper Series 2008-01-1076, pp.77-84.
- Merklein, M. and Lechler, J., 2008, "Determination of Material and Process Characteristics for Hot Stamping Process of Quenchable Ultra High Strength Steels with Respect to a FE-Based Process Design," American Society of Automotive Engineering - International Congress and Exposition, SAE Technical Paper Series 2008-01-0853, pp.35-50.
- An experiment and FE simulation for the development of a SPFC1180 AHSS one-body door impact beam about a car side collision vol.17, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-016-0011-2
- Analysis of Impact Characteristics of Bonded Dissimilar Materials for Center Pillar vol.36, pp.8, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.8.929