- Volume 26 Issue 4
Geometric education emphasize reasoning ability and spatial sense through development of logical thinking and intuitions in space. Researches about space understanding go along with investigations of space perception ability which is composed of space relationship, space visualization, space direction etc. Especially space visualization is one of the factors which try conclusion with geometric problem solving. But studies about space visualization are limited to middle school geometric education, studies in elementary level haven't been done until now. Namely, discussions about elementary students' space visualization process and ability in plane or space figures is deficient in relation to geometric problem solving. This paper examines these aspects, especially in relation to plane and space problem solving in elementary levels. Firstly we propose the analysis frame to investigate a visualization process for plane problem solving and a visualization ability for space problem solving. Nextly we select 13 elementary students, and observe closely how a visualization process is progress and how a visualization ability is played role in geometric problem solving. Together with these analyses, we propose concrete examples of visualization ability which make a road to geometric problem solving. Through these analysis, this paper aims at deriving various discussions about visualization in geometric problem solving of the elementary mathematics.
Supported by : 부산교육대학교 교육연구원
- 교육부(1998), 수학과 교육과정, 서울: 대한교과서(주).
- 교육인적자원부(2003), 수학5-가․나 교사용 지도서, 서울: 대한교과서주식회사.
- 교육인적자원부(2003), 수학6-가․나 교사용 지도서, 서울: 대한교과서주식회사.
- 김성준(2002), 과정-대상 측면에서 본 '대수적 사고' 연구, 대한수학교육학회 수학교육학연구, 12권 4호, 457-472.
- 김은영(2009), 4Dframe 활용 학습이 초등학생의 공간감각능력 신장에 미치는 효과, 서울교육대학교 석사학위논문.
- 김혜정(2003), 공간 시각화 활동을 통한 기하학습이 공간감각능력과 의사소통능력에 미치는 효과, 한국교원대학교 교육대학원 석사학위논문.
- 류현아(2008), 중등 기하문제 해결에서 시각화와 추론과정, 건국대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 문광호(1998), 중․고등학교 수학의 시각화에 관한 연구(대수, 기하 영역을 중심으로), 서울대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 백은자(2006), 초등수학에서 유시스킨의 반힐레 수준검사지의 문제점 분석 및 개선 연구, 전주교육대학교 석사학위논문.
- Del Grande. J.(1987), Spatial perception and primary geometry. In M. M. Lindquist, Learnning and Teaching Geometry K-12: 1987 Yearbook, Reston: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, Inc.
- Dubinsky, E.(1991), Reflective abstraction in advanced mathematical thinking, In D. Tall (ed.), Advanced Mathematical Thinking(pp.95-123). Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Duval, R.(1998), Geometry form a cognitive point a view. In C. Mammana and V. Villani(eds.), Perspectives on the Teaching of Geometry for the 21st Century(pp.37-52), Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Freudenthal, H.(1973), Mathematics as an Educational Task, Dordercht: D. Reidel Publishing Company.
- Gutierrez(1996), Visualization in 3-dimensional geometry, Proceedings of the 20th Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics(1989), Curriculum and Evaluation Standards for School Mathematics. Reston: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, Inc.