- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Pharmaceutical Characteristics and Analysis of Natural Ginger Extract
천연 생강 추출물의 약리학적 특성 및 분석 연구
- Sung, Ki-Chun (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dae Jin University)
- 성기천 (대진대학교 공과대학 화학공학과)
- Received : 2010.05.28
- Accepted : 2010.09.16
- Published : 2010.09.30
Natural Ginger extract was extracted from Ginger component using ethanol as a solvent, and we tested various pharmaceutical characteristics in this extract. Characteristics experiment to use natural Ginger extract tested antimicrobial experiment using microbe, and analyzed organic and inorganic component with analysis instrument. From the result of characteristics experiment, some conclusions are obtained as follow. In this experiment, natural Ginger extract was obtained about 22.50 g-Ginger extract(extraction ratio : 1.80%) as liquid state of some viscous yellow-brown color. The result of antimicrobial experiment with staphylococcus aureus and aspergillus niger in microbe decreased more and more according to passage of reaction time. This phenomenon could know that Ginger extract has influenced to antimicrobial effect. In the result of instrumental analysis, aromatic organic components of benzimidazole(1.283), propyl isothiocyanate or isothiocyanic acid(1.477) etcs from Ginger extract were detected with GC/MS and inorganic component of Ca(27.6 ppm), K(24.08 ppm), Mg(6.03 ppm), Na(1.02 ppm), Zn(1.02 ppm), Sb(0.711 ppm) and Li(0.079 ppm) etcs from Ginger extract were detected with ICP/OES.
Supported by : 대진대학교
- H. Itokawa, Ginger as Plant Crude Drug(Herb) and It's Chemical Constituents Including the Constituents of Related Genara, Recent Orient Med., 14, 88 (1993).
- M. K. Kim, Inhibition Mechanism of Age-Related NF-KB/PPAR by Zingerone in Ginger Component, Thesis for Degree, Department of Food Nutrition, Graduate School, Busan University, 4 (2007).
- H. Y. Hwang, Geographical Study on the Ginger Cultivation of Tae An Peninsula, Master Thesis, Education Graduate School, Gong Ju University, 53 (1993).
- D. E. Kim, Shading Light and Covering Mantle Method Influence to Grow and Quantity of Ginger, Master Thesis, Industry Science Graduate School, Gong-Ju University, 41 (2007).
- U. Sankawa, Biochemistry of Zingiberis Rhizoma, Recent Orient Med., 8, 57 (1987).
- I. Kimura and M. Kimura, Pharmacological Effects of Crude and Processed Gingers on the Cardiovascular Blood Vessels, Recent Orient Med, 14, 95 (1993).
- K. W. Lee, Antibacterial Activity of the Zingiberaceae Plant Extract against Micro Organisms, Master Thesis, Biotechnology Engineering, Graduate School, Yonsei University, P. 11 (2005).
- B. S. Lee, Extraction Process of Gingerol from Ginger by Ultrasonication and It's Antioxidant Effect, Master Thesis, KDMT 120065-1452, Biology Process Engineering, graduate School, Cheon Buk University, P. 9 (2006).
- Y. B. Lee, Y. S. Kim, and C. R. Ashmore, Antioxidant Property in Ginger Rhizome and It's Application to Meat Products, Korean J. of Food Sci., 51(1), P. 20 (1986).
- Y. J. Surh, Molecular Mechanisms of Chemopreventive Effects of Selected Dietary and Medicinal Phenolic Substances, Mutat. Res., 428, P. 305 (1990).
- Y. K. Lee and S. Y. Ahn, Oxidation Prevention Effect of Gingerol, Korean J. of Food Sci. Technol., 17 (2), P. 55 (1985).
- M. Aburada, Pharmacological Effects of Zingiberis Rhizoma, Recent Orient Med., 8, 45 (1987).
- E. R. Monsen, Dietary Reference Intakes for the Antioxidant Nutrients : Vitamin C, Vitamine E, Selenium, and Carotenoids, J. of Am. Diet. Assoc., 100, P. 637 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-8223(00)00189-9
- H. S. Shin and Y. S. Kim, A Study on the Antiviotic Separate Teeth Inflammation Patient of Adult Model, Korean J. of Tooth Sci, Soc., 26(1), P. 202 (1996).
- I. K. Lee, Action of Oxidation Prevention, Korean J. of Food and Sci. Soc., 17(2), P. 55 (1982).
- G. S. Lee, S. H. Kim, and S. L. Hong, Practice of Microbiology, Bureau of Publication, Won Kwang University, P. 12 (1992).