- Volume 15 Issue 4
This study was carried out to investigate the important factors relating to runoff and pollutant loads in a plot unit located in an agricultural area. Of the precipitation parameters, such as total precipitation, days since last rainfall (ADD, the rainfall was more than 10mm) and average rainfall intensity on runoff, the strongest effect was obtained due to total precipitation, but the rainfall intensity showed a slightly positive correlation. It was expected that both variables, i.e. total precipitation and rainfall intensity, would lead to the generation of greater runoff. In contrast, runoff was negatively correlated with ADD, which is understandable because more infiltration and less runoff would be expected after a long dry period. The TSS load varied greatly, between 75.6 and
Non-point source;Pollutant load;Runoff;Precipitation
- Lee, Byung-Soo, Hung, Young-jun, Park Moo Jong, Gil, Kyung-Ik, "A study on the discharge characteristics of non-point pollutant source in the agricultural area of Kyongan watershed," Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, 24(2), 169-173 (2008).
- Qitao Yi, Chinhyu Hur, Youngchul Kim, "Dynamic runoff of non-point sources pollutants from agricultural areas," Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, 24(6), 773-783 (2008).
- Meea Kang, Gyo-Cheol Jeong, Jae-Kwan Lee, "Nutrient diffusion caused by runoff in the case of a sweet potato plot," 14th International Conference, IWA Diffuse Pollution Specialist Group, Proceeding, 97-99 (2010).
- Youn-Hee Park, Seok-Soon Park, "Development of NonPoint Source Pollution Loading Function Based on rainfall Intensity and Land Use Type," Journal of Korean Environmental Engineering, 26(10), 1070-1078 (2004).
- Dillaha, T. A., Reneau, R. B., Mostaghimi, S and Lee, D., "Vegetative filter strips for agricultural nonpoint source pollution control," American Society of Agricultural Engineers, 32(2), 513-519 (1989). https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.31033
- European Environment Agency (EEA), Environmental Signals 2002, ReportNo.9 (2002).
- Chichester, F. W., Richardson, C.W., "Sediment and nutrient loss from clay soils as affected by tillage," Journal Environmental Quality., 21(4), 587-590 (1992).
- Pathak, P., Wani, S. P., Singh, P., Sudi, R., "Sediment flow behaviour from small agricultural watersheds," Agricultural Water Management., 67, 105-117 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2004.02.005
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Non-pointpointer No.7, FactSheet, EPA41-F-S-00-001, (1997).
- Sharpley, A. N., McDowell, R. W., Kleinman, P. J. A., "Phosphorous loss from land to water : intergrating agricultural and environmental management," plantSoil, 237, 287-307 (2001).
- Qadir, M., Boers, T. M., Schubert, S., Ghafoor, A., Murtaza, G., "Agricultural water management in water - starved countries: challenges and opportunities," Agricultural Water Management, 62, 165-185 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-3774(03)00146-X
- Udawatta, R. P., Motavalli, P. P., Garrett, H. E., Krstansky, J. J., "Nitrogen loss in runoff from three adjacent agricultural watershed with claypan soils," Agri. Ecosyst. Environ., 117, 39-48 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agee.2006.03.002
- Jung. Y.J., Stenstrom M.K., Jung D I, Kim L H, Min K S, "National pilot projects for management of diffuse pollution in orea, Desalination," 226, 97-105 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2007.02.101
- V. Polyakov, A. Fares, D. Kubo, J. Jacobi, C. Smith, "Evaluation of a non-point source pollution model, AnnAGNPS, in a tropical watershed," Environmental Modelling & Sofeware, 22, 1617-1627 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsoft.2006.12.001
- Esen Esin, Uslu Orhan, "Assessment of the effects of agricultural practices on non-point source pollution for a coastal watershed : A case study Nif watershed, Turkey," Ocean & Coastal Management, 51, 601-611 (2007).