- Volume 13 Issue 12
A Study on Contents Manufactur ing System for Massive Contents Production
- Ji, Su-Mi (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Lee, Jeong-Joong (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Kwon, Sang-Pill (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Guk (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Yu, Chang-Man (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Lee, Jeong-Gyu (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Jeon, Se-Jong (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Jeong, Tae-Wan (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Kang, Dong-Wann (Dept of Computer Science and Engineering, ChungAng University) ;
- Park, Sang-Il (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Song, Oh-Young (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Weon (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University) ;
- Yoon, Kyung-Hyun (Dept of Computer Science and Engineering, ChungAng University) ;
- Han, Chang-Wan (Dept of Cartoon and Animation, Sejong University) ;
- Baik, Sung-Wook (Dept of Digital Contents, Sejong University)
- Received : 2010.11.30
- Accepted : 2010.12.28
- Published : 2010.12.30
This paper introduces a new automatic processing system: "Contents Factory" for the mass production of contents. Through the contents factory, we provide an authoring environment to improve the usability and the efficiency in producing contents. The contents factory integrates recycling techniques for contents resources, contents development engines, authoring tools, and interfaces into a total processing system. Since it is multi-platform based including mobile devices as well as PCs, one can easily produce complete PC and mobile contents from raw resources. We produced an example, "Sejong square" via the contents factory in order to demonstrate its effectiveness and usability.
Supported by : Korea Creative Content Agency(KOCCA)
- V. Bonifaci, C. Demetrescu, I. Finocchi, and L. Laura, "A Java-based System for Building Animated Presentations over the Web," Science of Computer Programming, Vol.53, No.1, pp. 37-49, 2004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scico.2004.02.004
- C. Elcacho, A. Schfer, R. Drner, and V. Luckas, "Performing 3D Scene and animation Authoring Task Efficiently: An Innovative Approach", Computer Graphics International, pp.242-244, 1998
- K. Miyazaki1, Y. Nagai1, and R. Nakatsu1, "Architecture of an Authoring System to Support Interactive Contents Creation for Games/E-Learning", Technologies for E- Learning and Digital Entertainment, LNCS 3942, pp.70-79, 2006
- M. McNaughton, D. Szafron, J. Schaeffer, J. Redford, and D. Parker, "ScriptEase: Generating Scripting Code for Computer Role-Playing Games", Automated Software Engineering, pp.386-387, 2004
- HAVOK.COM.INC., 2008. Havok physics 5.5, http://www.havok.com/index.php?page= havok-physics.
- NVIDIA, 2009. PhysX 9.09.1112
- Adam Lake, Carl Marshall, Mark Harris, and Marc Blackstein, "Stylized Rendering Techniques for Scalable Real-Time 3D Animation," NPAR, pp.13-20, 2000
- Xiong Y., and LaViola J., "Revisiting ShortStraw-Improving Corner Finding in Sketch- Based Interfaces," EUROGRAPHICS Symposium on Sketch-Based Interfaces and Modeling, pp.101-108, 2009.
- Matthew T., David B., and Michiel V., "Motion doodles: An interface for sketching character motion," In SIGGRAPH: ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, pp.424-431, 2006.
- Paul S. Heckbert, and Michael Herf, "Simulating Soft Shadows with Graphics Hardwaare," Technical Report CMU-CS-97-104, Carnegie Mellon University, 1997.
- Eric Hains, "Soft Planar Shadows Using Plateaus," Journal of Graphics Tools, Vol.6, No.1, pp.19-27, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/10867651.2001.10487534
- Amy Gooch, Bruce Gooch, Peter Shirley, and Elaine Cohen, "A Non-Photorealistic Lighting Model for Automatic Technical Illustration," SIGGRAPH 98, pp.447-452, 1998.
- Christian von, Hardenberg and Francois Berard, "Bare-Hand Human-Computer Interaction," Proceedings of the 2001 workshop on Perceptive user interfaces, 2001.
- Kenji Oka, Yoichi Sato, and Hideki Koike, "Real-Time Fingertip Tracking and Gesture Recognition," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, 2002.
- Real-time Shadow Algorithms and Techniques, developer.nvidia.com/object/doc_shadows.html
- Epic Games, 2010. Unreal Engine 3 on Mobile, http://www.epicgames.com/technology//
- Epic Games, 2010. Epic Citadel, http://www.epicgames.com/technology/epic-citadel/ In SIGGRAPH: ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, 2006/
- Decaudin, P., Cartoon-Looking Rendering of 3D-Scenes, Technical Report 2919, INRIA, 1996.
- Nienhaus, M. and Dollner, J. Blueprint Rendering and 'Sketchy Drawings', GPU Gems II: Programming Techniques for High Performance Graphics and General-Purpose Computation, 2004.
- Ilya Baran and Jovan Popović, "Automatic Rigging and Animation of 3D Characters," ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol.26, No.3, 2007.
- S. Park, H. Shin, and S. Shin, "On-line Locomotion Generation Based on Motion Blending," In Proceedings of ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation, pp.105-111, 2002.