- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Routing Protocol for Network Lifetime Extension in MANET
MANET에서 네트워크 수명 연장을 위한 라우팅 프로토콜
- Published : 2010.02.28
MANET(Mobile Ad Hoc NETwork) is a collection of mobile nodes that are free to move and organize themselves in an arbitrary manner without any fixed infrastructures. These mobile nodes are connected by wireless links and act as routers for all other nodes in the network. As a router each node in MANET consumes its batteries when forwarding a message, and the selection of the best path to minimize the total power needed to route packets is needed to maximize the lifetime of all nodes. In this paper, we propose a routing protocol considering the remaining battery capacity of nodes in the routing paths. The proposed scheme prevents the battery of each node from being overused and increases the lifetime of the network.
- M. Morteza, D. Karthik, and P. Massoud, “Power-aware source routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks,” Proceedings of the 2002 international symposium on Low power electronics and design, pp.12-14, 2002(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/LPE.2002.146713
- D. Frank, J. David, and W. Lonnie, “Optimizing Power Aware Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium(RTAS 2004), pp.25-28, 2004(5).
- M. R. Pearlman, Z. J. Haas, P. Scholander, and S. S. Tabrizi, “Alternate Path Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” IEEE MILCOM'2000, Los Angeles, CA, pp.22-25, 2000(10). https://doi.org/10.1109/MILCOM.2000.905003
- K. Balasubramaniam and A. Anpalagan, "Performance analysis of two dynamic link selection algorithms in mobile ad hoc networks," In CD Proc. IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2003(5). https://doi.org/10.1109/CCECE.2003.1226256
- M. Woo, S. Singa, and C. S. Raghavendra, "Power-Aware Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking 98, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1145/288235.288286
- C. K. Toh, "Maximum battery life routing to support ubiquitous mobile computing in wireless ad hoc networks," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.39, No.6, 2001(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/35.925682
- C. Lijuan, D. Teresa, and W. Yu, “Performance Evaluation of Energy Efficient Ad Hoc Routing Protoocls,” 26th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC 2007). https://doi.org/10.1109/PCCC.2007.358908