- Volume 10 Issue 2
The method to approach to acting today is based upon Stanislavski's initial theories. This method that emphasizes actors' inner world makes actors nervous and frustrated over again. Watching actors' agony, Stanislavski tried to find a fine method all his life that actors could approach to acting more easily. He, at last, created a new method in the sunset of his life, so called physical action, which approaches to emotion through action. However, it has not been accepted widely because it was transmitted to the western world too late. Emotion is not the thing that everyone can handle freely. But everyone can handle action easily. It can, therefore, be an excellent method to reduce actors' agony. This study tried to experience Stanislavski's physical action with a text and to find out how it works as an acting method. As a result of it, Stanislavski's physical action proved to be a valuable method to complement the existing one, and also to have many other positive effects on the natures of acting.
- 한진수, 메소드 연기의 이해, 연극과 인간, 2007.
- 박용수, Stanislavsky System에 나타난 신체적 행동의 방법 연구, 한양대학교 석사논문, 1997.
- 윤광진, “스타니슬랍스키의 마지막 연습테크닉”, 연극교육연구, 제11집, pp.129-154.
- Sharon M.Carnicke, Stanislavsky in focus, London: Harwood Academic Publishers, 1998.
- Mel Gordon, The Stanislavsky Technique: Russia, New York: Applause Theatre Book Publishers, 1987.
- Constantin Stanislavski, Creating a Role, New York: Theatre Arts Book, 1961.