- Volume 10 Issue 2
The purpose of this study was to examine the influential relationship between the type of dental treatment and the dental fear of teens in a bid to seek ways of relieving adolescents of dental anxiety and fear. The subjects were teenaged students in South Gyeongsang Province. After a survey was conducted for eight days from December 2 to 9, 2009, the answer sheets from 420 students were analyzed. The findings of the study were as follows: When a correlation analysis was employed to look for connections between dental treatment experiences and dental fear, the components of dental treatment experiences had a significant correlation to those of dental fear. As a result of making a regression analysis, overall dental fear was under the significant influence of prosthodontic treatment experiences, and avoidance of dentistry was significantly affected by conservative treatment experiences. Oral and maxillofacial treatment experiences had a significant impact on physiologic response, and dental stimulus was significantly affected by prosthodontic treatment experiences. Therefore dental institutions should direct their efforts into the development of manuals geared toward different types of treatment and different patients in order for adolescents to receive dental treatment without any anxiety or fear, to get a regular dental checkup, to receive more preventive treatment, to promote their oral health and ultimately to lead a healthy life.
- 박동원, “치과의 공포감 해방을 위한 5감 만족”, Entertainment Project, 2006.
- 보건복지부, “2006년 국민구강건강실태조사보도자료”, 2006.
- 세미나리뷰, “국민 10명중 4명 치과치료전무”, 194호, p.9, 2004.
- 이승우, 구강진단학, 고문사, 1990.
- 유성이, “아동의 치과병원 공포 감소를 위한 인지 행동적 접근법의 효과에 관한 연구”, 서울여자대학교 석사학위논문, 1993.
- 김규식, 임재석, 치과 환자의 심리, 군자 출판사, 1995.
- 박미성, 한경수, “치과외래환자에서 공포, 불안, 우울 및 구강안면부 스트레스증상에 관한 연구”, 원광대학교치과대학, 1998.
- A. S. Zigmond, R. P. Snaith, “The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale,” Acta psychiatr, scand, Vol.67, pp.361-370, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0447.1983.tb09716.x
- R. A. Kleinknecht and F. D. Mcglynn, Thorndike RM, Harkavy J, “Factor analysis of the dental fear survey with cross-validation," J Am Dent Association, Vol.108, pp.59-61, 1984. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1984.0193
- N. L. Corah, "Dental Anxiety," Dental Clinics of North America, Vol.32, pp.779-790, 1988.
- D. Locker and A. M. Liddell, "Correlates of Dental Anxiety Among Older Adults," J Dent Res, Vol.70, pp.198-203, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345910700030801
- E. N. Gale, “Fear of the Dental Situation," J Dent Res, Vol.51, pp.964-966, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345720510044001
- R. Moore, H. Birn, E. Kirkegaard, I. Brodsgaard, and F. Scheutz, “Prevalence and Characteristics of dental anxiety in Danish adults," Community Dent Oral Epidemiol, Vol.51, pp.292-296, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1993.tb00777.x
- 최성숙, 김지영, 송근배, 이성국, “개인치과의원 내원 청소년들의 치과치료 공포감에 대한 관련요인분석", 대한구강보건학회지, 2004.
- 김연화, 최신치과임상, 고문사, 2008.
- 김지영, “청소년의 치과치료와 관련된 공포감에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 분석", 경북대학교대학원 박사학위논문, 2008.
- DENTAL FEAR AND ANXIETY OF JUVENILES IN SOME AREAS OF GYEONGGI PROVINCE vol.38, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5933/JKAPD.2011.38.4.362
- A relevant factor analysis on dental treatment fear in some high school students vol.12, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.4.741
- Analysis of a relevant factor on dental treatment fear using dental fear survey in college women vol.13, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.1.098
- Dental fear factor analysis in dental clinic patients vol.13, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.13065/iksdh.2013.13.4.553
- Korean Scaling Fear(KSF-1.1) and related factors in scaling patients vol.13, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.977
- Descriptive literature review on dental fear in Korea(2004-2012) vol.14, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.251
- The effects of depression and anxiety on pain in ultrasonic scaling treatment vol.14, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.03.439
- Dental fear and related factors of dental hygienists using analysis on dental fear survey vol.16, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.03.347