- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Difference of fMRI between the Tickling and Sensory Stimulation Using 3.0 Tesla MRI
3.0T 자기공명영상장치를 이용한 사람의 간지럼자극과 감각중추 자극의 활성화 차이
- Published : 2010.02.28
This study was performed to identify the cerebral network associated with sensation through the tickling stimulation, which is distinctive from the rest of other networks processing normal stimulation and to investigate the difference of laughing mechanism which is closely related to tickling using functional MRI(fMRI). A 16 healthy volunteers (mean age: 28.9) on a 3.0T MR scanner during two sensation conditions. Counterbalanced stimulus were presented across the participants, and the stimulation was used block design. Acquired data was analyzed by the statistical parametric mapping (SPM 99). Subject and group analysis was performed. Individual analysis showed the activation of somatic sensation area in both tasks and the tickling sensation test showed more activated area in the Wernicke's area(BA40) compared to the normal sensation. The group analysis result shows that under normal stimulations, both sides of somatosensory cortices(BA 1,2 and 3) were activated and under tickling stimulation, not only the cortices but also those huge activation on thalamus, cingulate gyrus and insular lobe were detected. When the tickling was stopped, significant activations were shown in right cingulate gyrus, left MFG area and left insular lobe. A cerebral area responsible for recognizing tickling sensation was examined and the primitive stimulation such as tickling is much closely related to laugh, which is an important factor for various social activities.
- C. R. Harris and N. Alvarado, "Facial expression, smile types and self-report during humour, tickle, and pain," Cognition & Emotion, Vol.19, No.5, pp.655-699, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699930441000472
- S. J. Blakemore, D. M. Wolpert, C. D. Frith, "Central cancellation of self-produced tickle sensation," Nature Neuroscience, Vol.1, No.7, pp.635-640, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1038/2870
- Samuel T. Selden, "Tickle," Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Vol.50, No.1, pp.93-97, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0190-9622(03)02737-3
- E. A Pritchard, "The clinical Significance of Variations of in Tickle Sensibility," Proc R Soc Med., Vol.26, No.6, pp.697-704, 1933.
- C. R Harris and N. Christenfeld, "Can a machine tickle?," Psychon Bull Rev, Vol.6, No.3, pp.504-510, 1999. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03210841
- J. L. Smith, P. M. Cahusac., "Right-sided asymmetry in sinsitivity to tickle," Laterality, Vol.6, No.3, pp.233-238, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/13576500042000133
- 최준식, 김진석, "파블로프 공포 조건화에 관련된 편도체 회로", 한국뇌학회지, 제2권, 제1호, pp.1-17, 2002.
- 신현철, 박용구, 이배환, 류재옥, 조춘식, 정상섭, " 흰쥐에서 체감각 유발장전위의 기록부위별 특성과 경로분석", J Korean Neurosurg Soc, 제30권, pp.831-841, 2001.
- J. Panksepp and J. Burgdorf, "Laughing" rats and the evolutionary antecedents of human joy?", Physiol Behav, Vol.79, No.3, pp.533-547, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9384(03)00159-8
- C. A Porro, F. Lui, P. Facchin, M. Maieron, and P. Baraldi., "Percept-related activity in the human somatosensory system: functional magnetic resonance imaging studies," J Magn Reson Imaging, Vol.22, No.10, pp.1539-1548, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mri.2004.10.003
- 신동훈, 권용주, "연구논문 : 초등 과학 교육에서 두뇌 연구 방법의 고찰 -fMRI 활용법을 중심으로-", 대한과학교육학회지, 제26권, 제1호, pp.49-62, 2007.
- 신동훈, 권용주, "예비교사들의 생물학 가설 생성에서 나타나는 과학적 감성의 생성 과정 유형별 두뇌 횔성화에 대한 fMRI 연구", 한국과학교육학회지, 제26권, 제4호, pp.568-580, 2006.
- Effect and Path Analysis of Laughter Therapy on Serotonin, Depression and Quality of Life in Middle-aged Women vol.45, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2015.45.2.221