- Volume 10 Issue 2
With increased complexity of product and market, the phenomenon that a consumer get paradoxical attitude toward marketing object has been increased. And this phenomenon eventually affects the relationship between consumer and product. In this study we tried to find more paradoxical phenomenon and understand consumer behavior confronting these situations when they buy agro-product based on ground theory methodology. According to the results, consumer's expectation and purchase experience can promote quality paradox experience during confronting various marketing activities such as price, product, promotion, place. Also these experience can cause quality paradox related interaction and communication even though there could be differences in their experience according to demographic characteristics, personal preference, and risk perception. Consumer will develop multiple strategies against quality paradox to manage the uncomfortable paradox experiences.
- 이유재, 서비스마케팅, 학현사, 2004.
- C. Otnes, T. Lowrey, and L. Shrum, “Toward an Understanding of Consumer Ambivalence," J. of Consumer Research, Vol.24, pp.80-93, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1086/209495
- P. Kotler and G. Armstrong, Principles of Marketing, Pearson International edition, 2009.
- 이원준, 이은영, 김동태, “소비자의 농식품 품질인식 요인 및 그 측정도구에 관한 연구: 소비자 지향적 접근”, 한국마케팅학회 춘계학술대회 발표논문집, 연세대학교, 2009.
- J. C. Buzby, Effects of Food-safety Perceptions on Food Demand and Global Trade, in A. Regmi (ed.) Changing Structure of Global Food Consumption and Trade, U.S Department of Agriculture and Trade Report. WRS-01-1, 2001.
- D. A. Garvin, "What Does Product Quality Really Mean?," Sloan Management Review, Fall, pp.25-43, 1984.
- N. H. Hooker and J. A. Casewell, "Trends in Food Quality Regulation: Implications for Quality Regulation: Implication for Processed Food Trade and Foreign Direct Investment," Agribusiness, Vol.12, No.2, pp.411-419, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1520-6297(199609/10)12:5<411::AID-AGR1>3.0.CO;2-9
- J. A. Caswell, "Valuing the Benefits and Costs of Improved Food Safety and Nutrition," Australian Journal of Agriculture and Resource Economics, Vol.42, pp.409-474, 1999(12).
- B. Ilbery and M. Kneafsey, "Regional Images and the Promotion of Quality Products and Services in the Lagging Regions of the European Union," paper presented at the 3rd Anglo-French Rural Geography Symposium, Nantes, September, 1999.
- C. D. Edwards, "The Meaning of Quality," Quality Progress, October, pp.36-39, 1968.
- A. A. Kuehn and R. L. Day, "Strategy of Product Quality," Harvard Business Review, Nov-Dec, pp.100-110, 1962.
- C. Handy, The Age of Paradox, Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 1994.
- S. J. Bell and A. B. Eisingerich, "The Paradox of Customer Education: Customer Expertise and Loyalty in the Financial Industry," European J. of Marketing, Vol.41(5/6), pp.466-486, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560710737561
- A. O'Dirscoll, "Exploring Paradox in Marketing: Managing Ambiguity towards Synthesis," J. of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol.23, No.2, pp.95-104, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1108/08858620810850209
- D. G. Mick and S. Fournier, "Paradoxes of Technology: Consumer Cognizance, Emotions and Coping Strategies," J. of Consumer Research, Vol.25, No.2, pp.123-143, 1999.
- 박소진, “서비스 실패와 복구 후의 소비자 반응에 관한 연구: 서비스 제공자의 복구 노력과 고객-종업원의 친밀감의 역할을 중심으로”, 한국마케팅저널, 제9권, 제3호, pp.75-115, 2007.
- M. A. McCollough, "The Effect of Perceived Justice and Attributions Regarding Service Failure and Recovery on Post Recovery Customer Satisfaction and Service Quality Attributes," J. of Hospitality & Tourism Research, Vol.24, No.4, pp.423-447, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/109634800002400402
- T. L. Friedman, The World is Flat: a Brief History of the Twenty-first Century, New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2005.
- L. L. Berryand and A. Parasuraman, Marketing Services: Competing through Quality, New York: The Free Press, 1991.
- A. Strauss and J. Corbin, "Grounded Theory Methodology: an Overview," Denzin, N. K. and Y. S. Lincoln(eds.), Strategies of Quality Inquiry, London: SAGE Publication, 1991.
- B. G. Glaser, Basics of Grounded Theory Analysis, California: Sociology Press, 1992.
- 차성미, 신서영, 양일선, “근거이론 접근방법에 의한 외식정보 구전 커뮤니케이션 패러다임 모형 개발, 관광학연구, 제31권, 제4호, pp.115-134, 2007.