- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Enhanced Method for Person Name Retrieval in Academic Information Service
학술정보서비스에서 인명검색 고도화 방법
- Published : 2010.02.28
In the web or not, all academic information have the creator which produces that information. The creator can be individual, organization, institution, or country. Most information consist of the title, author and content. The article among academic information is described by title, author, keywords, abstract, publisher, ISSN(International Standard Serial Number) and etc., and the patent information is consisted some metadata such as invention title, applicant, inventors, agents, application number, claim items etc. Most web-based academic information services provide search functions to user by processing and handling these metadata, and the search function using the author field is important. In this paper, we propose an effective indexing management for person name search, and search techniques using boosting factor and near operation based on phrase search to improve precision rate of search result. And we describe person name retrieval result with another expression name, co-authors and persons in same research field. The approach presented in this paper provides accurate data and additional search results to user efficiently.
Person Name Retrieval;Information Retrieval;NDSL
- R. V. Guha and A. Garg, “Disambiguating People in Search,” In Proceedings of the 13th World Wide Web Conference, ACM Press, 2004.
- J. Artiles, J. Gonzalo, and F. Verdejo, “A testbed for people searching stategies in the www,” In Proc. of SIGIR'05, pp.569-570, 2005.
- P. Jakub, W. Karol, and S. Marcin, “On knowledge-poor methods for person name matching and lemmatization for highly inflectional languages,” Information retrieval, Vol.12, No.3, pp.275-299, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10791-008-9085-5
- C. Peter, “A Comparison of Personal Name Matching: Techniques and Practical Issues,” Technical report, TR-CS-06-02, Computer Science Laboratory, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia. 2006.
- 이준호, “로마자로 표기된 한글 인명의 검색 방법”, 논문집: 이학편.공학편, 제31호, pp.181-189, 2002.
- 김혜숙, “한국인의 로마자 인명 표기의 통일성과 일관성: <영어영문학>게재자를 중심으로”, 영어학, 한국영어학회, 제1권, 제3호, pp.417-435, 2001.
- 송재용, 조영화, 류근호, “로마자표기 한글 인명을 위한 검색 모듈 설계와 인명 질의 확장기 구현”, 제25권, 제1호, pp.196-198, 1998.
- U. Pfeifer, T. Poersch, and N. Fuhr, “Retrieval effectiveness of proper name search methods,” Information Processing and Management, Vol.32, No.6, pp.667-679, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0306-4573(96)00042-8
- W. Winkler, “Overview of record linkage and current research directions,” Research Report Series #2006-2, Statistical Research Division, U.S. Census Bureau., 2006.
- A. Culotta, P. Kanani, R. Hall, M. Wick, and A. McCallum, “Author disambiguation using error-driven machine learning with a ranking loss function,” IIWeb-2007, 2007.
- P. Kanani, A. McCallum, and C. Pal, “Improving author coreference by resource-bounded information gathering from the Web,” IJCAI-2007, 2007.