- Volume 32 Issue 4
A Numerical and Experimental Study for Fry-drying of Various Sludge
슬러지 유중 건조에 대한 전산 해석 및 실험적 연구
- Shin, Mi-Soo (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Hey-Suk (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Byeong-Gap (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Hwang, Min-Jeong (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jang, Dong-Soon (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Ohm, Tae-In (Department of Environmental Engineering, Hanbat National University)
- 신미수 (충남대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 김혜숙 (충남대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 김병갑 (충남대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 황민정 (충남대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 장동순 (충남대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 엄태인 (한밭대학교 환경공학과)
- Received : 2010.03.05
- Accepted : 2010.04.14
- Published : 2010.04.30
The basic principle of fry drying process of sludge lies in the rapid pressure change of sludge material caused by the change of temperature between oil and moisture due to the difference of specific heat. Therefore, the rapid increase of pressure in drying sludge induces the efficient moisture escape through sludge pores toward heating oil media. The object of this study is to carry out a systematic investigation of the influence of various parameters associated with the sludge fry drying processes on the drying efficiency. To this end, a series of parametric experimental investigation has been made together with the numerical calculation in order to obtain typical drying curves as function of important parameters such as drying temperature, sludge diameter, oil type and sludge type. In the aspect of frying temperature, especially it is found that the operation higher than
- Dermibas, A., "Biomass Resource Facilities and Biomass Conversion Processing for Fules and Chemicals," Energy Conversion and Management, 42, 1357-1378(2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0196-8904(00)00137-0
- Gamble, M. H., Rice, P. and Selman, J. D., "Relationship Between Oil Uptake and Moisture Loss During Frying of Potato Slices from c.v. Record U.K. Tuber," J. Food Sci. 22, 233-241 (1987).
- Daniela P. da Silva, Victor R., Osvaldir P. T., "Drying of sewage sludge through immersion frying," 14th IDS Symposium, vol. B, 1005-1012(2004).
- Kopp, J. and Ditchl, N., "Prediction of Full-scale Dewatering Results by Determining the Water Distribution of Sewage Sludge," Water Sci. Technol., 42(9), 141-149(2000).
- Carlos P., Patricia A., Didier L. and Victor R, and Patricia A., "Heat and mass transfer during fry-drying of sewage sludge", Drying Technol., 24, 797-818(2006). https://doi.org/10.1080/07373930600733085
- Weibiao FU, Yangping Z., Hongqiao H. and Yuning D., "A study on devolatilization of large coal particle", Combust. Flame, 70, 253-266 (1987). https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-2180(87)90107-6
- Kreith F., Bohn M.S., Principles of heat transfer 5th edition, InfoAcess & Distribution Ltd. A59 (1993).
- Patankar, S. V., Numerical heat transfer and fluid flow, McGraw-Hill Company (1980).