- Volume 54 Issue 5
CoMFA on the Antiproliferative Activity of N-Substituted(R) 2-Amino-5-(2,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-1,3,4-thiadiazole Analogues against Bladder and Rectal Cancer Cells
방광암(HCV29T) 및 직장암(SW707) 세포에 대한 N-치환(R)-2-amino-5-(2,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-1,3,4-thiadiazole 유도체의 항증식 활성에 관한 CoMFA 분석
- Myung, Pyung-Keun (Department of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kang, Na-Na (Department of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Hwang (Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, College of Agriculture & Life Science, Chungnam National University) ;
- Sung, Nack-Do (Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, College of Agriculture & Life Science, Chungnam National University)
- 명평근 (충남대학교 약학대학 약학과) ;
- 강나나 (충남대학교 약학대학 약학과) ;
- 이재황 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물화학과) ;
- 성낙도 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물화학과)
- Received : 2010.04.29
- Accepted : 2010.06.25
- Published : 2010.10.31
Comparative molecular field analyses (CoMFA) on the antiproliferative activity of N-substituted (R) 2-amino-5-(2,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-1,3,4-thiadiazole analogues (ADTs: 1-17) against bladder cancer (HCV29T) and rectal cancer (SW707) cells were studied quantitatively. The statistical predictability and fitness of CoMFA A1 model for bladder cancer cells were better than those of CoMFA F1 model for rectal cancer cells and the antiproliferative activity of ADTs depends on steric field (HCV29T: 93.1% & SW707: 83.8%). Also, from the contour maps of optimized CoMFA models, the activity for bladder cancer cells had predicted to increase when sterically favored groups were substituted on meta- and para-position, and sterically disfavored groups were substituted on one ortho-position of phenyl ring. The activity for rectal cancer cells had predicted to increase when sterically favored groups were substituted on para-position, and sterically disfavored groups were substituted on two ortho-position of phenyl ring as R-group.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Raghavan, D., Shipley, W, U., Garnick, M. B., Russell, P. J. and Richie, J. P. : Biology and management of bladder cancer. N. Engl. J. Med. 322, 1129 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199004193221607
- Loening, S., Narayana, A., Yoder, L., Slymen, D., Weinstein, S., Penick, G. and Culp, D. : Factors influencing the recurrence rate of bladder cancer. J. Urol. 123, 29 (1980).
- Murphy, W. M., Soloway, M. S., Jukkola, A. F., Crabtree, W. N. and Ford, K. S. : Urinary cytology and bladder cancer. Cancer 53, 1555 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(19840401)53:7<1555::AID-CNCR2820530723>3.0.CO;2-G
- Rosenberg, B. : Fundamental studies with cisplatin. Cancer 55, 2303 (1985). https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(19850515)55:10<2303::AID-CNCR2820551002>3.0.CO;2-L
- Ali, B. H. and Al Moundhri, M. S. : Agents ameliorating or augmenting the nephrotoxicity of cisplatin and other platinum compounds : A review of some recent research. Food Chem. Toxicol. 44, 1173 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2006.01.013
- Lippert, B. : Impact of Cisplatin on the recent development of Pt coordination chemistry: a case study. Coord. Chem. Rev. 182, 263 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-8545(98)00192-1
- Chirino, Y. I., Hernandez-Pando, R. and Pedraza-Chaveri, J. : Peroxynitrite de composition catalyst ameliorates renal damage and protein nitration in cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. BMC Pharmacol. 4, 20 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2210-4-20
- Go, R. S. and Adjei, A. A. : Review of the comparative pharmacology and clinical activity of cisplatin and carboplatin. J. Clin. Oncol. 17, 409 (1999).
- Senff-Ribeiro, A., Echevarria, A., Silva, E. F., Veigab, S. S. and Oliveiraa, M. B. M. : Antimelanoma activity of 1,3,4-thiadiazolium mesoionics: a structure-activity relationship study. Anticancer Drugs 15, 269 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1097/00001813-200403000-00012
- Oleson, J. J., Sloboda, A., Troy, W. P., Halliday, S. L., Landes, M. J., Angier, R. B., Semb, J., Cyr, K. and Williams, J. H. : The carcinostatic activity of some 2-amino-1,3,4-thiadiazoles. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 77, 6713 (1955).
- Foroumadi, A., Soltani, F., Moallemzadeh-Haghighi, H. and Shafiee, A. : Synthesis, in vitro-antimycobacterial activity and cytotoxicity of some alkyl a-(5-aryl-1,3,4-thiadiazole-2-ylthio) acetates. Arch. Pharm. 338, 112 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1002/ardp.200400926
- Bhattacharya, P., Leonard, J. T. and Roy, K. : Exploring QSAR of thiazole and thiadiazole derivatives as potent and selective human adenosine A3 receptor antagonists using FA and GFA techniques. Bio. Med. Chem. 13, 1159 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmc.2004.11.022
- Jung, K. Y., Kim, S. K., Gao, Z. G., Gross, A. S., Melman, N., Jacobson, K. A. and Kim, Y. C. : Structure activity relationships of thiazole and thiadiazole derivatives as potent and selective human adenosine A3 receptor antagonists. Bio. Med. Chem. 12, 613 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmc.2003.10.041
- Fontanini, G., Lucchi, M., Vignati, S., Mussi, A., Ciardiello, F., De Laurentis, M., De Placido, S., Basolo, F., Angeletti, C. A. and Bevilacqua, G. : Angiogenesis as a prognostic indicator of survival in non-small-cell lung carcinoma: a prospective study. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 89, 881 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/89.12.881
- Kawaguchi, T., Yamamoto, S., Kudoh, S., Goto, K., Wakasa, K. and Sakurai, M. : Tumor angiogenesis as a major prognostic factor in stage I lung adenocarcinoma. Anticancer Res. 17, 3743 (1997).
- Soung, M. K., Kil, M. J. and Sung, N. D. : Structural characteristic that influence on the insecticidal activity of 2-(noctyl) pseudothiourea analogues against the Diamondback moth (Plutella xylostella. L.) Bull. Kor. Chem. Soc. 30, 2749 (2009). https://doi.org/10.5012/bkcs.2009.30.11.2749
- Soung, M. K., Lee, Y. J. and Sung, N. D. : 3D-QSARs of herbicidal 2-N-phenylisoindolin-1-one analogues as a new class of potent inhibitors of protox. Bull. Kor. Chem. Soc. 30, 613 (2009). https://doi.org/10.5012/bkcs.2009.30.3.613
- Soung, M. K., Myung, P. K. and Sung, N. D. : 3D-QSAR analysis on the inhibitory activity of [(2-phenylindol-3-yl)- methylene]propanedinitrile analogues against breast cancer cell and the ligand design of active molecules. J. Kor. Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem. 52, 28 (2009). https://doi.org/10.3839/jksabc.2009.005
- Kim, S. J., Myung, P. K. and Sung, N. D. : CoMFA on the melanogenesis inhibitory activity of alkyl-3,4-dihydroxybenzoate, N-alkyl-3,4-dihydroxybenzamide analogues, and prediction of higher active molecules. Arch. Pharm. Res. 31, 1540-1546 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12272-001-2148-4
- Akamatsu M. : Current state and perspectivies of 3D-QSAR. Curr. Topics Med. Chem. 2, 1381 (2002). https://doi.org/10.2174/1568026023392887
- Cramer, R. III, Patterson, D. E. and Bunce, J. D. : Comparative molecular field analysis (CoMFA) 1. Effect of shape on the binding of steroid to carrier proteins. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 110, 5959 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00226a005
- Matysiak, J. and Opolski, A. : Synthesis and antiproliferative activity of N-substituted 2-amino-5-(2,4-dihydroxyphenyl)- 1,3,4-thiadiazoles. Bio. Med. Chem. 14, 4483 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmc.2006.02.027
- Reddy, M. R. and Parrill, A. L. : Overview of rational drug design. In Rational Drug, (ed. Eddy, M. R. and Parrill). Ch. 1. ACS Symposium Series. 719, p1 (1999).
- Klebe, G., Abraham, U. and Mietzner, T. : Molecular similarity indexes in a comparative analysis (comsia) of drug molecules to correlate and predict their biological-activity. J. Med. Chem. 37, 4130 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1021/jm00050a010
- Purushottamachar, P. and Kulkarni, V. M. : 3D-QSAR of Nmyristoyltransferase inhibiting antifungal agents by CoMFA and CoMSIA methods. Bio. Med. Chem. 11, 3486 (2003).