- Volume 21 Issue 6
In the present work the second-order perturbation solutions of the simple physical model for liquid pool spreading is obtained for the case of instantaneous spill. To generalize the solution governing equations are non-dimensionalized, and two dimensionless parameters, dimensionless evaporation rate and aspect ratio of the initial pool, are identified to control the governing equations. The dimensional governing equations have three parameters. The second-order solution improves fairly the first-order solution for the pool volume.
Perturbation;Liquid pool;Instantaneous spill;Spreading;Second-order
- A.G. Venetsanos and J.G. Bartzis, "CFD modelling of large-scale LH2 spills in open environment", Proceedings of International Conference on Hydrogen Safety, 2005, pp. 125-136, Pisa, Italy.
- W. Stein and D.L Ermak, "One-dimensional numerical fluid dynamics model of the spreading of liquefied gaseous fuel (LGF) on water", Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, UCRL- 53078, 1980.
- K. Verfondern and B. Dienhart, "Experimental and theoretical investigation of liquid hydrogen pool spreading and vaporization", Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 22, No. 7, 1997, pp. 649-660. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3199(96)00204-2
- J. Brandeis and E. Kansa, "Numerical simulation of liquefied fuel spills: I. Instantaneous release into a confined area", Int. J. Num. Methods in Fluids, Vol. 3, 1983, pp. 333-345. https://doi.org/10.1002/fld.1650030404
- J. Brandeis and D. Ermak, "Numerical simulation of liquefied fuel spills: II. Instantaneous and continous LNG spills on an unconfined water surface", Int. J. Num. Methods in Fluids, Vol. 3, 1983, pp. 347-361. https://doi.org/10.1002/fld.1650030405
- F. Briscoe and P. Shaw, "Spread and evaporation of liquid", Prog. Energy Comb. Sci., Vol. 6, 1980, pp. 127-140. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-1285(80)90002-7
- 김명배, 도규형, 한용식, 최병일, "증발하는 액체의 퍼짐에 관한 섭동해", 한국연소학회 춘계학술대회 논문집, 2010, pp. 177-181.
- A. H. Nayfeh, "Introduction to perturbation techniques", JOHN WILEY & SONS, New York, 1981, p. 113.