- Volume 21 Issue 6
Syngas-Oxygen Combustion Characteristics of a Swirl-Stabilized Premixed Flame
합성가스-순산소 예혼합 화염의 연소특성
- Cho, Ju-Hyeong (Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Park, Jun-Hong (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Jeon, Choong-Hwan (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Ahn, Koo-Kyoung (Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Kim, Han-Seok (Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials)
- Received : 2010.11.03
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
The present study deals with experimental investigations on the syngas-oxygen combustion characteristics of a swirl-stabilized premixed flame in a 10 kW combustor. The effect of hydrogen in syngas has been investigated with different swirl angles to identify the role of hydrogen and swirl strength on the flame stability and CO emissions. The results show that hydrogen addition extended the blowout limit while narrowing the flashback limit. The dependence of blowout on the swirl angle is negligible while the dependence of flashback on the swirl angle is evidenced by two regimes depending on the amount of hydrogen. CO emission is decreased with increasing excess
Premixed combustor;Hydrogen;Swirl-stabilized;Chemiluminescence;Blowout/flashback;CO emission
- K. H. Casleton, R. W. Breault, and G. A. Richards, "System Issues and Tradeoffs Associated With Syngas Production and Combustion", Combust. Sci. and Tech., Vol. 180, 2008, pp. 1013-1052. https://doi.org/10.1080/00102200801962872
- B. J. P. Buhre, L. K. Elliott, C. D. Sheng, R. P. Gupta, T. F. Wall, "Oxy-fuel Combustion Technology for Coal-fired Power Generation", Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, Vol. 31, 2005, pp. 283-307. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pecs.2005.07.001
- 김한석, 최원석, 조주형, 안국영, "메탄/순산소 예혼합 화염의 선회특성", 대한기계학회논문집 B권, Vol. 33, No. 5, 2009, pp. 343-348. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2009.33.5.343
- C. J. Dasch, "One-dimensional Tomography: A Comparison of Abel, Onion-peeling, and Filtered Backprojection Methods", Applied Optics, Vol. 31, No. 8, 1992.
- H. S. Kim, Y. D. Lee, and K. Y. Ahn, "Hydrogen Enrichment Effects on NO Formation in Pre-mixed Methane Flame", Korea Hydrogen and New Energy Society, Vol. 18, 2007, pp. 75-84.
- A. K. Gupta, D. G. Lilley, and N. Syred, "Swirl Flows", Abacus press, UK, 1984.
- MATLAB, ver 7.0, The Mathworks, Inc., 2004.