- Volume 45 Issue 1
Effects of Environmental Factors such as Temperature and Ozone Concentration on the Properties of BR/Crystalline Rubber Blend
BR고무/결정성고무 블렌드의 물성에 미치는 온도 및 오존농도 등의 환경인자의 영향
- Park, Chan-Young (Division of Applied Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Won-Kee (Division of Applied Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Min, Seong-Kee (Division of Applied Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2010.01.27
- Accepted : 2010.02.18
- Published : 2010.03.30
The butadiene rubber(BR) blends with chloroprene rubber(CR) were prepared by mechanical mixing method. Cure characteristics, mechanical properties, ozone resistance properties and dynamic mechanical properties were subsequently examined. The properties of ozone resistance of pure BR was significantly improved through blending with 50 wt% CR. Dynamic characteristics determined from a Rheovibron generally showed two glass transition(
Supported by : 부경대학교
- J. K. Kallitsis and N. K. Kalfoglou, "Compatibility of epoxidized natural rubber with thermoplastic and thermosetting resins", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 37, 453 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.1989.070370212
- T. Marinovic, M. Sustar, A. Pertot, and Z. Susteric, "Properties and morphology of crosslinked butadiene-acrylonitrile rubber and polysulphide rubber (NBR/TM) blends", Polymer International, 45, 77 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0126(199801)45:1<77::AID-PI889>3.0.CO;2-#
- S. H. Botros and Abdel-Nour, "Preparation and characterization of butyl/NBR vulcanizates", Polymer Degradation and Stability, 62, 479 (1998).
- R. F. Bauer and E. A. Dudley, "Compatibilization of Rubber Blends through Phase Interaction", Rubber Chem. Technol., 50, 35 (1977). https://doi.org/10.5254/1.3535131
- S. C George, K. N. Ninan, G. Greonincks, and S. Thomas, "Styrene-butadiene rubber/natural rubber blends: morphology, transport behaviour, and dynamic mechanical properties", J. App. Polym. Sci., 78, 1280 (2007).
- C. Sirisinha, S. Limcharoen, and J. Thunyarittikorn, "Oil resistance controlled by phase morphology in natural rubber/nitrile rubber blends", J. Appl. Poly. Sci., 87, 83 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.11673
- S. Chakrit, S. B. Limcharoen, and J. Thunyarittikorn, "Relationships among blending conditions, size of dispersed phase, and oil resistance in natural rubber and nitrile rubber blends", J. Appl. Poly. Sci., 82, 1232 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.1957
- A. Y. Coran, "Handbook of Elastomer-New Developments and Technology", Dekker, New York, 249 (1988).
- M. T. Ramesan, George Mathew, Baby Kuriakose, and Rosamma Alex, "Role of dichlorocarbene modified styrene butadiene rubber in compatibilisation of styrene butadiene rubber and chloroprene rubber blends", European Polymer Jourmal, 37, 719 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0014-3057(00)00157-9
- H. Ismail and H. M. Hairunezam, "The effect of a compatibilizer on curing characteristics, mechanical properties and oil resistance of styrene butadiene rubber/epoxidized natural rubber blends", European Polymer Journal, 37, 39 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0014-3057(00)00099-9
- P. Sae-oui, C. Sirisinha, U. Thepsuwan, and P. Thapthong, "Influence of accelerator type on properties of NR/EPDM blends", Polymer Testing, 26, 1062 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymertesting.2007.07.004
- H. Ismail and H. C. Leong, "Curing characteristics and mechanical properties of natural rubber/chloroprene rubber and epoxidized natural rubber/chloroprene rubber blends", Polymer Testing, 20, 509 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-9418(00)00067-2
- B. K. Kim and I. H. Kim, "Blends of Epoxidized Natural Rubber with Chloroprene Rubber", Polym.-Plast. Technol. Eng., 32, 167 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1080/03602559308019226
- R. P. Brown, "Physical Testing of Rubber", 2nd ed. Elsevier Appl. Sci., London & New York, p. 291, 1986.
- D. J. Buckley and S. B. Robinson, "Ozone attack on rubber vulcanizates", J. Polym. Sci., 19, 145 (1956). https://doi.org/10.1002/pol.1956.120199115
- ASTM Designation, D 2084 76T, 1972.
- ASTM Designation, D-573, 1975.