- Volume 25 Issue 2
Analysis of Fire Accident on Power Line for DC Electric Traction Vehicles
전기철도 전원계통에서의 화재사고 사례 분석
- Song, Jae-Yong (National Institute of Scientific Investigation) ;
- Cho, Young-Jin (National Institute of Scientific Investigation) ;
- Nam, Jung-Woo (National Institute of Scientific Investigation) ;
- Kim, Jin-Pyo (National Institute of Scientific Investigation) ;
- Park, Nam-Kyu (National Institute of Scientific Investigation)
- Received : 2009.11.29
- Accepted : 2010.04.15
- Published : 2010.04.30
This paper describes a cause of fire accidents on power system fire DC electric traction vehicles. We investigated fire scene of power line for DC electric traction vehicles. From analysis results, the cause of fire on power line turned out line to ground fault between a feeder of electric power services(pantagraph) and DC electric traction vehicle roof. Fire accident of DC electric traction vehicles be assumed that electric sparks had been produced between the pantagraph and the power line conductor by repetitively making contact and separation, maybe if some material like branches get in between connecting rod it makes progress line to ground fault. ZnO arresters are widely used to protect DC electric traction vehicles against overvoltages caused by lightning or switching surges. However, the arresters are deteriorated by commercial overvoltages and/or lightning one. The deteriorated arresters could lead power failures, such as line to ground fault by a thermal runaway resulting from the increases in leakage current even in a nominal power system voltage. Finally, the power failures would be causative of the fire accident.
- 이동호, 유지오, "지하철 화재시 본선터널 환기시스템에 따른 열 및 연기 배출특성", 한국화재소방학회논문지, 제17권, pp. 62-69, 2003.
- 노삼규, 허준호, "지하공간의 위험성평가에 관한 연구 - 지하철 역사내의 연기제어를 위한 제연경계벽의 효용성 평가", 한국화재소방학회논문지, 제18권, pp. 103-109, 2004.
- 이상호, 이재복, "대구 지하철 사고에 따른 화재 의식조사 및 방재의식 변동모형에 관한 연구" 한국화재소방학회논문지, 제17권, pp. 45-49, 2003.
- 송재용 외: 전철용 피뢰기의 사고요인 분석, 한국법과학회 논문지, 제8권, pp. 20-25, 2007.
- Mazen Abdel-Salam et al., "High-Voltage Engineering Theory and Practice", pp. 650, 2000.
- Peter Hasse1, "Overvoltage protection of low-voltage systems", The Institution of Electrical Engineers, pp. 565, 2004.
- 길경석 외, "철도용 피뢰기의 열화진전에 관한 연구", 한국철도학회논문집, 제7권, pp. 307-311, 2004.
- 길경석 외, "직류전동차용 피뢰기 진단기술", 한국철도학회논문집, 제9권, pp. 357-361, 2006.