- Volume 34 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Design of Fastener for Solid Rocket Motor Using Solid CAD System
CAD 시스템에서의 고체추진기관 체결류 설계에 대한 연구
- Lee, Kang-Soo (Division of Mechanical Engineering, Hanbat Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Won-Hoon (Div. 1-6, Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Seok, Jung-Ho (Space Solution Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2009.06.29
- Accepted : 2010.06.07
- Published : 2010.07.01
When we design a product, we spend a considerable amount of time in designing fasteners and their mating parts. Fasteners have special features because of which they are widely used and well standardized. Although we use some equations to design the fasteners, we should select these fasteners from the standardized table. In order to design them quickly using the CAD system, we proceeded as follows. First, we prepared some standardized shapes of fasteners to design them automatically. Next, we built a database of some fasteners such as a tension bolt, lock wire, thread, pin, and snap ring. Then, we used the design equations to quickly and precisely calculate the various parameters. Finally, we used a configuration design method to generate the shapes automatically using the results of the calculation and the values retrieved from the database. We applied this approach to the design of a propulsion structure, and demonstrated that this approach worked well and saved considerable time.
Fastener;CAD;Configuration Design;Tension Bolt
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- Han, D.C. and Jung S.M., 2005, Standard Machine Design, Dongmyoungsa, Seoul, pp. 74-239.
- Norton, R. L., 2006, Machine Design – AnIntegrated Approach, Pearson Prentice Hall, NewJersey, pp. 811-876.
- Ekh, J. and Schon, J., 2007, “Finite ElementModeling and Optimization of Load Transfer in MultifastenerJoints Using Structural Elements,” CompositeStructures, Vol. 82, pp.245-256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2007.01.005
- Thompson, D. J. and Verheij, J. W., 1997, “TheDynamic Behavior of Rail Fasteners at HighFrequencies,” Applied Acoustics, Vol. 52, No. 1, pp.1-17. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-682X(97)00016-9
- Pai, N. G. and Hess, D. P., 2001, “ExperimentalStudy of Loosening of Threaded Fasteners due toDynamic Shear Loads,” Journal of Sound andVibration, Vol. 253, No. 3, pp. 585-602.
- Pai, N. G. and Hess, D. P., 2001, “Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis of ThreadedFastener Loosening due to Dynamic Shear Load,”Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 9, pp. 383-402. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1350-6307(01)00024-3
- Kim, B.H., Lee, K.S., Yang, J.S., Lee, D.H., Oh S.J.,Kwon, H.S. and Kim S.H., 2008, “Development of aSolid Fuel Design Automation Program UsingConfiguration Design Method,” Transactions of theSociety of CAD/CAM Engineers, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp.372-381.
- Lee, J.M. and Han, S.H., 2000, “ConfigurationDesign of Products Using Commercial PartDatabases,” Proceedings of 2000 Korean CAD/CAMConference, pp.117-122.
- Yoo, W.S. and Kim, S.K., 2000, “Development ofthe 3D Parametric Modeling System for TransmissionGears of Tractor,” Journal of the Society of KoreaIndustrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 57,pp. 87-92.
- Yoo, W.S. and Jung, J.C., 2002, “Development ofthe Parametric Modeling System for Machine Parts,”Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and SystemsEngineering, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 14-19.
- Kim, W.H., Koo, S.H., Moon, S.I., Hwang, K.Y.,Lee, K.S. and Seok, J.H., 2006, Development ofAutomatic Design Program for Solid Rocket MotorsStructure,” Journal of the Korean Society ofPropulsion Engineers, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 18-25.
- Study on Design of Coupling Bolt for Shaft in Power Plant vol.37, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.5.707