- Volume 34 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Topology Optimization of Perpendicular Magnetic Recording System by Considering Magnetic Nonlinearity
재료의 비선형을 고려한 수직기록장치의 위상최적화
- Park, Soon-Ok (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Jeong-Hoon (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei Univ.) ;
- Min, Seung-Jae (School of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2009.10.29
- Accepted : 2010.05.09
- Published : 2010.07.01
This paper proposes a density method based topology optimization of a perpendicular magnetic recording system design in which the saturation effect is taken into account. During the topology optimization process in magnetic fields, the magnetic reluctivity is updated in accordance with the changes in element density determined by a sensitivity analysis. The magnetic reluctivity is determined from a B-H curve and is used to represent nonlinear material property, i.e., the saturation effect. The sensitivity for a generalized response functional is formulated using the adjoint variable method in which the nonlinear property is taken into account and the objective function is set such that the magnetic energy in the media is maximized. Effects due to the nonlinear property can be observed from a numerical study in which the linear and the nonlinear topology optimization results are compared.
Topology Optimization;Sensitivity Analysis;Adjoint Variable Method;Magnetic Saturation Effect;Finite Element Method;Density Method
Supported by : 한국학술진흥재단
- Haftka, R. T. and Gürdal, Z., 1992, Elements ofStructural Optimization, Kluwer Academic, Dordrech.
- Yoo, J., Kikuchi, N. and Volakis, J. L., “StructuralOptimization in Magnetic Fields Using theHomogenization Design Method,” IEEE Transactionson Magnetics, Vol.36, No.3, pp.574-580. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.846220
- Wang, S., 2002, “Topology Optimization ofNonlinear Magnetostatics,” IEEE Trans. on Magn.,Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 1029-1032. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.996264
- Lee, J. and Kikuchi, N., 2009, “3D TopologyOptimization of Switched Reluctance Motors usingEdge Elements”, Abstracts of 10th US NationalCongress on Computational Mechanics, 160502.
- Park, S. and Min, S., 2009, “Design of MagneticActuator with Nonlinear Ferromagnetic MaterialsUsing Level-set Based Topology Optimization”,IEEE Trans. on Magn., accepted.
- Park, S., Kwon, K. H. and Min, S., 2009, “LevelSet Based Topology Optimization of MagneticActuator Considering Magnetic Saturation Effect,”Trans. of the KSME , pp. 236-238.
- Yoo, J., 2004, “A Study on the TopologyOptimization in Magnetic Fields Comparisonsbetween the Density Method and the HomogenizationDesign Method,” Transactions of the Korean Societyof Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 28, No.4, pp.370-377. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2004.28.4.370
- Bendsøe, M. P. and Sigmund O., 2003, TopologyOptimization Theory, Methods and Applications.Springer-Verlag: New York.
- Yoo, J., Yang, S. and Choi, J. S., 2008, “OptimalDesign of an Electromagnetic Coupler to MaximizeForce to a Specific Direction,” IEEE Transactions onMagnetics, Vol. 44, No. 7, pp. 1737-1742. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2008.922183
- Yoshifumi, O., 2005, “Magnetic Shield Design ofPerpendicular Magnetic Recording Head by UsingTopology Optimization Technique,” IEEE Trans. onMagn., Vol. 41, No. 5, pp. 1788-1791. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2005.845985
- Micaleris, P., Tortorelli, D. A. and Vidal, C. A.,1994, “Tangent Operators and Design SensitivityFormulations for Transient Non-Linear CoupledProblems with Applications to Elastoplasticity,”International Journal for Nnumerical Mmethods inEngineering , Vol. 37, No. 9, pp. 2471-2499. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1620371408
- Okamoto, Y., Akiyama, K. and Takahashi, N., 2006, “3-D Topology Optimization of Single-Pole-Type Head by using Design Sensitivity Analysis,” IEEE Trans. on Magn, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 1087-1090. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2006.871422
- Park, S., Yoo, J. and Choi, J. S., 2009, “Optimal Shapeof the Perpendicular Magnetic Recording Head,” IEEETrans. on Magn., Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 2272-2275. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2016281